• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

mickeye76

Hes no Romo, He said burns got a solid/great hit and was out of it for a moment or two. Came too and thought Burns had the ball. I believe him. He doesnt have the rep of a dirty player either.....tho he did play at bama.......

I think the radio has his statement up, WEEI maybe??

Edited by Basbear

8 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Hes no Romo, He said burns got a solid/great hit and was out of it for a moment or two. Came too and thought Burns had the ball. I believe him. He doesnt have the rep of a dirty player either.....tho he did play at bama.......

I disagree. It looks like he was perfectly aware from the replay. He slid over and tripped Burns and yanked and twisted his ankle...the whole time he was looking more towards where the ball had gone instead of looking at Burns. The video speaks for itself. 

• Pie 3

8 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Bama.  So yeah.  I'm reacting emotionally so forgive me.  F that dude.  I never wanted him as my QB.  Fact is we all kinda knew Sam was not the answer either but  was hyped as the best thing since bread was sliced not too many years ago so.... Potential.   

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Just now, Michael G said:

I disagree. It looks like he was perfectly aware from the replay. He slid over and tripped Burns and yanked and twisted his ankle...the whole time he was looking more towards where the ball had gone instead of looking at Burns. The video speaks for itself. 

Is there a close up of his face during this? The full time play? Id like to see it, I may take my statement back. 

https://boston.cbslocal.com/2021/11/08/mac-jones-responds-panthers-calling-him-dirty-brian-burns/

“After I got hit pretty hard, I didn’t really know exactly what was going on. I thought he had the ball and it was my job to try and make the tackle. That was pretty much it,” Jones said on Merloni & Fauria on WEEI. “And you know, obviously when you get up and you see the ball is actually down the field a little bit more … it was just a bang-bang play and I didn’t mean to hurt anybody or anything like that. I was just trying to tackle him and make the play. Because you know, I didn’t really know what was going on.”

The  comments that he made just echo what Coach B had said. I really think he knew what he was doing. I'd maybe give him a little more slack if it wasn't for they lack of concern....He's just playing it off. I Think if you really didn't mean to do it you'd show a little more concern or something. Its not definitive, just the way I think I guess.

Qb's that Tackle I respect.  Punks that twist ankles I call it like I see it.  If he was squared up in the open field and tried to tackle Burns ( lol) then much props.  The hit that sent Sam into concuss protocol was football and I respect him for it.  This Big Mac laying on his back trying to play MMA is bitch ass b.s..

I mean you guys can want his head on a plate, Im a pissed off panther fan as well and was cussing up a storm when it happened. Jones had a chance to tell his side and it made some sense, burns did lay him out and Im sure he blacked out some, like he said... Now the part about going for a UFC ankle submission........ I hope he is right about thinking burns had the ball, if not..... he said he didnt know what was happening as well.....tho he should have gone to the medical tent...... 

carry on as you wish 

Edited by Basbear
  • Pie 1