• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers agree to terms with Cam Newton.

Zod

1 minute ago, Catsfan69 said:

Then he shouldn't be here because he is 96% unlikely to give us a ring in the next 5 years.

I don't care about making the playoffs this year.

So might as well find the answer.

This is purely a PR move not a football move.

It's stupid.

It's a football move because we don't need to find a QB for 5 years from now. We need one now.  We have a seemingly healthy CMC, 2 1k yard receivers and a super promising 2nd rnd pick, and an incredible, stacked D with a bunch of 1 year contracts about to expire. We've been in every game but 1 all year, and we have a real shot to make the playoffs.  Once were in the playoffs all bets are off.

Plus Cam could potentially solve QB for a couple years while we find the young guy for the next 5 years, without wasting more draft picks on retreads. Best of all we get a trial run of that this year for a few games for a cap hit that doesn't hurt us next year if it doesn't work out.

• Pie 1

Just now, rico6 said:

Rhule is gonna wash out soon. 

Disagree if anything he sounds even more set in than ever. Not even close to sounding like someone worried about his job or where he stands at all. I'd be willing to bet that people are completely misreading this.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Just now, Fox007 said:

Disagree if anything he sounds even more set in than ever. Not even close to sounding like someone worried about his job or where he stands at all. I'd be willing to bet that people are completely misreading this.

im reactionary so I hope this is the case

Just now, rico6 said:

im reactionary so I hope this is the case

I feel ya man it's exciting times but we've seen coaches in peril or feeling it or w/e. Including John Fox but other teams as well.

To me it looks very much like Rhule knows he's got the 3 years left of the 5 at least. OFC my ass could be wrong but that's what I personally see/hear.

23 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Sam seems like a terrible backup because all he does is make mistakes.  I'd rather have a boring, safer veteran on the bench.

fair,  a shame Teddy B is earning his check in Denver now though. He'd thrive as a back-up under Cam imo

• Pie 1