• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

But Joe Brady is still the offensive coordinator

ENCPantherfan2

3 minutes ago, d-dave said:

I don't think we'll be back to Cam getting 20 carries a game, but I do think the strategic use of the zone read is going to help slow defenses down and open up the rest of the offense.  He'll also be the redzone threat he's always been.

I have no doubt that Cam can do anything Darnold could do, just better.  God, if he cut down on the turnovers, got us 3 more 3rd down conversions a game, that's MILES better than Sam.

This.

7 minutes ago, d-dave said:

I don't think we'll be back to Cam getting 20 carries a game, but I do think the strategic use of the zone read is going to help slow defenses down and open up the rest of the offense.  He'll also be the redzone threat he's always been.

I have no doubt that Cam can do anything Darnold could do, just better.  God, if he cut down on the turnovers, got us 3 more 3rd down conversions a game, that's MILES better than Sam.

Yessir!  Good post!  And I will say, one of the few bright spots for Brady this season was his creativity with runs in the goal to go situations earlier in the season...  if that stuff was already in the playbook, it makes this offense infinitely more intimidating with Cam running those speed options, shovels, etc.

2 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Yessir!  Good post!  And I will say, one of the few bright spots for Brady this season was his creativity with runs in the goal to go situations earlier in the season...  if that stuff was already in the playbook, it makes this offense infinitely more intimidating with Cam running those speed options, shovels, etc.

We shitted on Rhule and Tepper and have to give it up for swallowing it and just owning the egg on face. Does take some big breeches to do that so at least they aren't too prideful and we've seen poo like that before. Panthers just going down with the poo ship. They are at least trying have to give them that too.

• Pie 1

Our offense isn’t going to all of a sudden look great, Cam did drag Shula and Rivera kicking and screaming to the super bowl behind a line almost as bad and much much worse weapons around him. But that was pre-headhunted Cam. I’m just happy Cam is back and all is right with the world again. 

2021 Cam has a slightly better HC, slightly better OC, slightly worse oline, much better weapons and much worse shoulder. 

Edited by JawnyBlaze

32 minutes ago, ENCPantherfan2 said:

We have been giving him hell for weeks and calling for his head, all of a sudden we have Cam, and we can compete? Idk, with Brady at OC can you even trust him to use Cam's skillset to the fullest? 

Probably not.  Rhule will probably give Cam the power to change the play if he sees fit.

9 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Our offense isn’t going to all of a sudden look great, Cam did drag Shula and Rivera kicking and screaming to the super bowl behind a line almost as bad and much much worse weapons around him. But that was pre-headhunted Cam. I’m just happy Cam is back and all is right with the world again. 

2021 Cam has a slightly better HC, slightly better OC, slightly worse oline, much better weapons and much worse shoulder. 

2015 Panther oline was the best in franchise history ranking around 2, some 3 in the entire league. Remmers was the single weak link and he actually did well until the SB.

Rivera’s oline was up and dow his entire career, often alternating to the 20s and then around average with two outliers in 2015 and the worst with Bell/Chandler coming in at 22-23.

Cam’s worst seasons coicendently aligned with when the oline was a down year.

Cam has never played behind a line this bad, ranked at 29. And that’s worrisome.

Brady vs. Shula and Rivera vs. Rhule at this point and time is meeh.

Cam does have superior weapons no question there. But I always thought he was good enough to not really need a Julio or Smitty etc. So long as he had a line, and 2015 confirmed this.

It’s really hard to think he will have success here but we can only hope.

Edited by onmyown

31 minutes ago, onmyown said:

2015 Panther oline was the best in franchise history ranking around 2, some 3 in the entire league. Remmers was the single weak link and he actually did well until the SB.

Rivera’s oline was up and dow his entire career, often alternating to the 20s and then around average with two outliers in 2015 and the worst with Bell/Chandler coming in at 22-23.

Cam has never played behind a line this bad, ranked at 29. And that’s worrisome.

Cam does have superior weapons no question there. But I always thought he was good enough to not really need a Julio or Smitty etc. So long as he had a line, and 2015 confirmed this.

The 2015 line has nothing on the 08 line and the years around that. Not even close to the best we’ve ever had. And if some metric rates them top 5 in the league that year, that’s highly suspect. They were middle of the pack at best. Our guards were good but Remmers was one of the worst in the league, Oher was subpar and Kalil was a shell of himself. 

1 hour ago, ENCPantherfan2 said:

We have been giving him hell for weeks and calling for his head, all of a sudden we have Cam, and we can compete? Idk, with Brady at OC can you even trust him to use Cam's skillset to the fullest? 

Joe Brady was already running Sam and Sam ain’t a runner. 

But I suspect the OL will look similar to what Bill did in NE with Cam.  Run and play to the D.   A conservative O with a power run QB mixed in.   And with this D and OL….that’s a smart play IMO. 

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

Joe Brady was already running Sam and Sam ain’t a runner. 

But I suspect the OL will look similar to what Bill did in NE with Cam.  Run and play to the D.   A conservative O with a power run QB mixed in.   And with this D and OL….that’s a smart play IMO. 

Yea NE was running Cam just fine. You gotta use his whole skillset and that includes the power run game which has sucked for us anyway so Cam improves that instantly.

Whatever to keep the defense on their heels and give our defense a rest.

1 hour ago, onmyown said:

2015 is a very overrated group of individuals imo. Especially around here.