• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trading for CJ Henderson was a mistake.

hepcat

2 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Some of us are big boys who can handle talking about multiple subjects, from the highest highs to the lowest lowes without making it a 'mood first' thing, whatever that is.

It is a subject that will continue into the offseason. The fact you follow the 'serial doom poster' around to whine says more about you then him.

If you don't see how the timing of this post is enough to irk people then I guess there's not much more I can say. And I don't follow them around lmao I'm literally just responding to a thread on a message board. But if you wanna be doom and gloom all the time and never take a moment to celebrate anything because there's always something you can complain about, then more power to ya, just don't be upset when people are actually happy and optimistic.

2 hours ago, electro's horse said:

At the time, it was not known that Gilmore was going to fall into their laps. The secondary is playing so well, both as a unit and individually, that there just isn't anywhere for him. 

He was a player they had ranked very highly. He was obviously in a shitty situation in Jacksonville. 

Depending on how he develops in practice, you have options moving forward with the contracts of Jackson, Gilmore, and Bouye. 

This is all for a third. If you truly had him ranked as a first, this is a brilliant move.

It will take time to fully judge this trade, and it'll be dependent on how he pans out. The panthers lose nothing now for giving up a 2022 third. If he turns into a legitimate starter, this looks like a steal. 

These are the kinds of forward thinking moves you should cheer on. 

Thoughtful, sensible and almost polite.

Who are you and where is Fizz?

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, travisura said:

If you don't see how the timing of this post is enough to irk people then I guess there's not much more I can say. And I don't follow them around lmao I'm literally just responding to a thread on a message board. But if you wanna be doom and gloom all the time and never take a moment to celebrate anything because there's always something you can complain about, then more power to ya, just don't be upset when people are actually happy and optimistic.

It is a legitimate subject. I didnt agree with the original poster comments completely but there is some relevant Panther football subject matter there. I think it was covered well by other posters after that.

See, zero emotion or negativity. And no I do not see how this post irks anyone, this is the Huddle. Some great, some awful and a lot in-between.

3 minutes ago, Waldo said:

It is a legitimate subject. I didnt agree with the original poster comments completely but there is some relevant Panther football subject matter there. I think it was covered well by other posters after that.

See, zero emotion or negativity. And no I do not see how this post irks anyone, this is the Huddle. Some great, some awful and a lot in-between.

This subject could've been brought up at any time, but it wasn't. Like you said, this will be an offseason subject to talk about, so it could've waited until then. But the timing of this purely negative thread the day after signing Cam, gives it the appearance of being a wet blanket thread. There is nothing more I have to say on the matter. Cheers.

Did they said from day 1 this was a trade to build for the future and not a win now move? The kids going to be just fine here. He shouldn’t be starting over Gilmore, Jackson or Bouye. Let him learn our system and adjust. He’s still really young. When we lose 1-2 of these guys next year due to free agency he will slide right on in while on a rookie contract. It’s fine. 

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, Panther'sBigD said:

It seems like Hepcat is just a miserable poster. Even when things are going well, he’s posting about when/how the other shoe will drop. What an awful way to follow a team. 

lol man, I posted about how happy I was that Cam was back yesterday. It was a desperately needed move on a team that has admittedly gotten pretty miserable. 

Now I'm thinking about how much better it would be if Cam had Dan Arnold to throw to and a 3rd round pick next year to beef up a pathetic offensive line instead of yet another corner on a team that seems hell bent on collecting them.

Everyone is touting the "buy low" aspect on Henderson but lest we forget that the Jaguars gave up on this guy 1 year after drafting him in the top 10. What did they know that the Panthers didn't? Even the Jaguars aren't stupid enough to give up on a guy that fast unless something was seriously wrong.

I'll bump this thread next year when Henderson gets cut in training camp because he doesn't give a sh*t.

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, hepcat said:

Now I'm thinking about how much better it would be if Cam had Dan Arnold to throw to and a 3rd round pick next year.

I’m not sure if Cam has lost the zip on his throws?  If not, Dan would not be catching them.

Dan needs an accurate ball put where he can get it.  Cam has and always has had shotgun accuracy matched with terminal velocity.

I want Cam and CMC fuging people up at the LOS.  

“You been watching film, huh?”

”ok… watch this”

• Beer 1

On 11/12/2021 at 10:51 AM, L-TownCat said:

I’m not sure if Cam has lost the zip on his throws?  If not, Dan would not be catching them.

Dan needs an accurate ball put where he can get it.  Cam has and always has had shotgun accuracy matched with terminal velocity.

I want Cam and CMC fuging people up at the LOS.  

“You been watching film, huh?”

”ok… watch this”

He dropped a dime on Moore today. That's without playing for weeks. Just saying. 

3 minutes ago, Doc Holiday said:

This bump was not necessary man. 

This was a thread about how we got fleeced and CJ was never seeing the field. Give credit where credit is due. CJ is getting healthy and seeing more playing time. The outcome of this trade is still very much up in the air. We got screwed on the Sam trade, hopefully this one will turn out differently. 

• Pie 1