• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Quarterback payroll

Paa Langfart

6 hours ago, Paa Langfart said:

This is how fuged up our teams ownership/management is.

Right now we are paying Cam's replacement ( TB),  paying Cam's replacement's replacement ( SD),  and paying Cam himself to replace his replacement's replacement.  It would be laughable if it wasn't so friggin infuriating as to how incompetent this team is.

Just Win Baby! Woo 

7 hours ago, Paa Langfart said:

This is how fuged up our teams ownership/management is.

Right now we are paying Cam's replacement ( TB),  paying Cam's replacement's replacement ( SD),  and paying Cam himself to replace his replacement's replacement.  It would be laughable if it wasn't so friggin infuriating as to how incompetent this team is.

tom hiddleston idgaf GIF

We got Cam back. That's all that matters.

• Flames 1

14 minutes ago, rayzor said:

tom hiddleston idgaf GIF

We got Cam back. That's all that matters.

Lol.  You are just the sort of mod I would expect for a Panthers fan site like this one.  Tepper loves gullible fools like you and the rest of the huddle rubes gushing over  " the return of Cam" while you ignore the shitpile that remains.

7 hours ago, Paa Langfart said:

I honestly think this was nothing but a feel good move by Tepper to attempt to hide his and the rest of his staff's incompetence in feel goods.

That may be part of it, but Tepper wants to win now and Cam is far and away the best qb available.  He is basically saying he doesn't care as much about the money as he does winning.

Also, the long term cap hit isn't to bad.  If Cam doesn't work out, it cost us nothing for next year's cap, and TB will be off the dead money hit.  Next year, we are only getting hit with Darnold.  Bad I know, but not as bad as some other teams.  The Saints have 24 million in dead money for Drew Brees over the next two years.  Matt Ryan's cap hit over the next three years is north of 90 million.

Edited by Davidson Deac II
  • Pie 1

15 minutes ago, Paa Langfart said:

Lol.  You are just the sort of mod I would expect for a Panthers fan site like this one.  Tepper loves gullible fools like you and the rest of the huddle rubes gushing over  " the return of Cam" while you ignore the shitpile that remains.

Just because fans are rejoicing Cam's return doesn't mean they have forgotten all the team's problems.

A few days ago Panthers fans had little to look forward to, now they at least have Cam. 

What's wrong with that?

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

26 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

That may be part of it, but Tepper wants to win now and Cam is far and away the best qb available.  He is basically saying he doesn't care as much about the money as he does winning.

Also, the long term cap hit isn't to bad.  If Cam doesn't work out, it cost us nothing for next year's cap, and TB will be off the dead money hit.  Next year, we are only getting hit with Darnold.  Bad I know, but not as bad as some other teams.  The Saints have 24 million in dead money for Drew Brees over the next two years.  Matt Ryan's cap hit over the next three years is north of 90 million.

There is essentially zero cap hit past next year for QBs. 

• Beer 1

12 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

What's wrong with that?

Well aside from the fact that it does nothing to actually help this team build a long term winning culture,  nothing I guess.  It's pretty much the same as a circus side show coming to podunk.  Next week when the trucks pull out of town, you'll still be stuck in podunk watching the rest of the world go by.

1.It isn’t your money. 

2. They couldn’t find options for OL to sign to use the money.

3. Some teams are surprisingly paying more.

4. It isn’t your money. 

5. How do you think the money could’ve been realistically spent better, and if your theories are that great about cap management why aren’t you on a sports team staff currently. 

6. IT ISN’T YOUR fuging CONCERN.

Sometimes it’s ok to stfu and be a fan. 

Edited by TheoJay10

2 hours ago, Paa Langfart said:

Well aside from the fact that it does nothing to actually help this team build a long term winning culture,  nothing I guess.  It's pretty much the same as a circus side show coming to podunk.  Next week when the trucks pull out of town, you'll still be stuck in podunk watching the rest of the world go by.

I don't think anyone is saying that the team's problems will be solved with Cam's signing.  But realistically what other options were there heading into week 10 that would potentially turn the season around for the Panthers?  

Hopefully Rhule will have to answer for his questionable decisions at the end of the season. 

Until then, Cam may be able to help the team to a few wins and give fans something to look forward to. 

That's not a bad thing.