• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Opinions on who is at fault for Cam's departure??

WOW!!

You also have the same group of posters who vehemently stated just keeping cam for his final year was the best decision, that or roll with Kyle for a full season and draft a qb, none included paying Teddy nor trading for and paying Sam Darnold. 

If it was clear to most of us, who have zero nfl experience, kinda worrisome the people who do, saw this as a solution 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2

1 hour ago, mc52beast said:

...but because Tepper knows he’ll make him more money than what he’s making now.

The incremental money making contribution to Tepper's bottom-line by the Panthers would be akin to you setting up a .50c per-glass lemonade stand in your driveway...

...complete non-factor...

...making "money" does not fact into Mr. Tepper's decision making process as it goes to this NFL team😎

• Pie 1

By the end of his tenure here the first timeit looked as if he was done. Other NFL teams agreed, as he only signed a vet minimum deal with N.E., then they cut him and while it’s reported Seattle and Houston made him offers, he didn’t exactly have a strong market for his services.

Let’s hope all of this time off has helped him both physically and mentally and we see the best version he has left. 

Edited by panther4life

I don't care who is at fault but I sure would love to see Can get back some of his old form and capture a little magic in a bottle again for as long as he can then retire a Panther and work within the organization in some capacity after retirement. Who knows, maybe the dude would make a good coach? He was a good leader and on field general. Maybe there is some sort of coach inside him?

22 hours ago, pantherclaw said:

I wouldn't say his arm looked good. It waa still an issue.  To the point that his throws in preseason looked better than anything he did last season. 

His health is the reason he was gone. Not politics. 

No it was wasn’t the Cam of old but they were winning with that arm and those legs. He looked more like an average thrower with reduced arm strength in airing it out. He proved that he could when games against tough opponents and to me that's good!

Time was something he was not given. Coaches did not know him and rathered start fresh. I believe was the case along with the baggage of being Cam newton's  coach on a first yr nfl coach might have been too much for the new coaching staff. Look at Ron he didn't even consider Cam in Washington. 

Edited by Darvinsun

11 hours ago, panther4life said:

By the end of his tenure here the first timeit looked as if he was done. Other NFL teams agreed, as he only signed a vet minimum deal with N.E., then they cut him and while it’s reported Seattle and Houston made him offers, he didn’t exactly have a strong market for his services.

Let’s hope all of this time off has helped him both physically and mentally and we see the best version he has left. 

Nobody knows what Cam has not even Cam. The first 3 games pre covid he almost went 4-0. That terrible 4th and 1 call by the coordinator cost them that game. Patriots receiving core was worse than the 2015 panthers. It would be a big risk for a team to take Cam on with the unknown. Knowing injuries and age. No one was going to sign him until being desperate. Cam knows this and that's why he is grateful and not insulted. Which is true the fist 4 games or the rest of the season?

Edited by Darvinsun
  • Beer 1

On 11/13/2021 at 6:45 AM, MechaZain said:

Rhule's press conference debunked this for me. A lot of praise for his ethic and said he liked being around Cam. It really seems like it was 100% about his health and that they feel a lot better about where he is now.

He said the same poo before Cam was released. 

On 11/13/2021 at 4:33 PM, Cookie Lyon said:

They could've just let him stay on a 1-year prove it deal and then evaluate from there.

Yes they "could've", and absolutely would have...

On 11/13/2021 at 4:33 PM, Cookie Lyon said:

I don't know if Cam would've accepted a 1 year deal at the time, but that's in the past now.

He made it 100% clear he would not and that's why he was exited.

• Beer 1

On 11/13/2021 at 6:49 AM, BurnNChinn said:

Who gives a fug he brings excitement unlike what we had with Teddy and Darnold. 

Who gives a fug that he had two straight injury prone seasons with a bad shoulder because he brings excitement? I did. Do I think bringing him back now was a good idea? Absolutely. This guy has gas left in the tank. Arguably he has many more years of elite QB potential left. Does anyone think it would have made any sense with a new owner and coaching staff to extend Cam with an elite QB contract considering his shoulder issues? I didn't and it wasn't how I wanted it to play out, but that was the hand that was dealt. My hopes are high that he's recovered fully. Of course he brings excitement. It is ingrained in his DNA. With the current makeup of this football team it may very well be exactly what is needed at exactly the right time. Today was fantastic. I'm optimistic that this played out exactly how it should have. 

• Pie 1

On 11/13/2021 at 12:41 PM, rayzor said:

make it work in a way it wouldn't have before. Basically the time is right when it may not have been before.

I agree with this. 

I think people look at letting Cam go the wrong way.  It wasn't necessarily letting him go that was the problem.  It was the moves we made after (Teddy, Sam) that were the issue.  We absolutely should have stuck with Kyle Allen, or signed a vet QB to a cheap 1 year deal (ala what WFT did with Fitz).  Tank the season.  Instead we overly-committed to an average at best QB and a bad QB.

I didn't want Cam to get released back then, but I understood the rationale.  Never understood the Teddy signing.  Somewhat understood trading for Sam, but never understood picking up his 5th year option.  

• Pie 1
  • Flames 2