• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Where was Gilmore?

Luciu5

15 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Cardinals offense was pretty quiet so not much to see outside of Donte's plays, didn't see Chinn much either but he had nothing to do lol

No, saw Chinn a lot.  He wears 21.  Noticed him on the field often.  I literally never saw 9 on the field ever except the play he got hurt.  Apparently I was overlooking him though which is a good thing because I couldn't think of a reason he'd not be playing.

18 minutes ago, CRA said:

Gilmore got back on and played in the 2nd half.  

you probably didn’t notice him because he was erasing people from existing.  Green had 1 catch for 4 yards.   Weak QBs for the most part just aren’t going to tempt fate by throwing his way much. 

I don’t think most of us realize it yet.  Best player on the field might not actually be CMC.  

Gilmore has been great but Burns and Reddick have been every bit as impactful as him if not more. Our D is just stacked, imagine if we can get Horn back late in the regular season too.

• Pie 1

Just now, t96 said:

Gilmore has been great but Burns and Reddick have been every bit as impactful as him if not more. Our D is just stacked, imagine if we can get Horn back late in the regular season too.

Reddick has been the most impactful IMO.  

Gilmore IMO is the best actual player on defense though.   Reddick IMO is priority #1 because of his positional value.    Pass rush simply matters.   

But Gilmore is on another planet compared to Jackson

3 minutes ago, CRA said:

Reddick has been the most impactful IMO.  

Gilmore IMO is the best actual player on defense though.   Reddick IMO is priority #1 because of his positional value.    Pass rush simply matters.   

But Gilmore is on another planet compared to Jackson

Agree to disagree, I think Donte has played every bit as well as Gilmore. Different style players but both have similar value on the field. Either way we better keep one of them mid/long term to pair with Horn. Don't think we can afford both unfortunately. I think Donte pairs with Horn better and he's younger but Gilmore may come cheaper because of the age factor. Will be an interesting decision. Maybe Fitt can make magic happen and keep both, Gilmore shorter term.

• Pie 1

15 minutes ago, Shocker said:

So if Gilmore leaves via FA don't we get a comp pick for him?  DJax too right?

Gilmore and his wife are from the area, He's already got a ring and prob doesn't have any interest in making a few extra bucks to live in an apartment away from his family. Gilmore and Horn would be insane on the cheap. D jax is great but he'll take the highest bidder next year and it probably won't be us

20 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Gilmore and his wife are from the area, He's already got a ring and prob doesn't have any interest in making a few extra bucks to live in an apartment away from his family. Gilmore and Horn would be insane on the cheap. D jax is great but he'll take the highest bidder next year and it probably won't be us

But wasn’t Gilmores main issue with the Pats money? Players want to make as much as they can while they’re in their prime.  I doubt he’ll give us a discount. He has no loyalty to us given he’s only played like 3 games for us 

Edited by flagfootballcoach28