• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

LOL…Bridgewater.

Tbe

4 hours ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Not really. Cam didn’t make a business decision, he saw what was going on and knew he wouldn’t be first so he looked for it to squirt out. Already had defenders crashing on it before he had a shot. Cam woulda suplexed Slay

That's not the way I remember it. This reads like a personal narrative. Cam quickly made a decision and it wasn't too dive on the fumble.

5 hours ago, KSpan said:

Was a bad action from Cam for sure, but Cam put himself out there every week without hesitation. Teddy does not. Stuff happens and it's easier to write off as a fluke when there is so much evidence to the contrary, a la Kasay in the Super Bowl.

The All 22 of this play is even worse.

What Cam or Teddy does every week has nothing to do with my post. I pointed out the similarity between the flack that Cam got for not diving for the fumble and Teddy not making the tackle.

6 hours ago, Waldo said:

After a blatant uncalled helmet to helmet via Miller. They could have done anything they wanted and got away with it in that game.

The thing to know about that game is Denver was 5-0 with that referee crew that season  , what a coincidence they were picked to officiate the Superbowl. 

The bottom line is that Peyton retiring after his 2nd Superbowl win was a more profitable story to the NFL than a "over confident" young QB winning his first 

Now I hate Denver has much,if not more than New England,I am glad Teddy didn't risk hurting himself for that trash franchise  and there mostly idiot fans 

1 hour ago, Day1PanthersFan said:

The thing to know about that game is Denver was 5-0 with that referee crew that season  , what a coincidence they were picked to officiate the Superbowl. 

The bottom line is that Peyton retiring after his 2nd Superbowl win was a more profitable story to the NFL than a "over confident" young QB winning his first 

Now I hate Denver has much,if not more than New England,I am glad Teddy didn't risk hurting himself for that trash franchise  and there mostly idiot fans 

Wasn't the lead official a Denver fan? I swear I remember him or his wife was wearing Denver gear in a picture during that trip. Fug them both.

As far as Teddy, it's just plain dumb to lose a starting QB because they were tackling. This looked bad but I still stand by that, regardless of whatever other team it is. I would rather have a QB available to score a makeup TD.

3 hours ago, PantherPhann89 said:

That's not the way I remember it. This reads like a personal narrative. Cam quickly made a decision and it wasn't too dive on the fumble.

He said so himself after the game. He was playing the ball as if it was going to squirt out because he had no shot at the angle he was at to get to it first. You’re just remembering the media narrative that pushed the “didn’t dive on the ball” story because Cam has to be the villain. 

• Pie 3

46 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

He said so himself after the game. He was playing the ball as if it was going to squirt out because he had no shot at the angle he was at to get to it first. You’re just remembering the media narrative that pushed the “didn’t dive on the ball” story because Cam has to be the villain. 

I don't follow the media like that, what I said was what I remembered from watching the game and YouTube videos of that game and that fumble. Definitely not a media narrative...

5 hours ago, PantherPhann89 said:

What Cam or Teddy does every week has nothing to do with my post. I pointed out the similarity between the flack that Cam got for not diving for the fumble and Teddy not making the tackle.

And I continued off of your point to say that Cam's action is different than Teddy. I don't disagree that it's a similar response.

20 hours ago, MillionDollarCam said:

It sucks for Teddy but there is a double-standard for this type of play.

If this was Murray, Allen, Mahomes, or any other elite QB then you likely wouldn’t hear anything about this.

Because it’s Bridgewater (average starter at best) people expect him to risk a possible injury to make the tackle.

I still wish Cam wouldn’t have chased down Trovon Reed in the Chargers game… it would be interesting to see where he would be today if he never suffered his initial shoulder injury on that tackle.

I hear ya, but... All TB had to do was make him break stride and someone else could have tackled him. This wasn't 1 on 1 in the open field, there were orange jerseys all around them.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, stbugs said:

Again, another terrible take that never goes away. The ref hurt Cam’s shoulder not KB. Benjamin clearly touched the DB and the play should have been whistled dead. There was a red right at the end zone less than 5 yards away. KB didn’t do anything because he already knew the DB was down.

Do people not recall that the entire play was called back due to replay and showed an obvious downed DB?

Between KB’s non effort when the DB was clearly down and the ref for some stupid reason let a dangerous play (they were supposed to whistle those dead as crack back blocks like TD’s suspensions happen) continue and Matt Kalil’s “hell” contract, people can’t let it go when it wasn’t really KB’s fault and we’ve burned 4x Kalil’s cap hits the past two years on shitty play.

Cam never got protected by the refs. Maybe Brady gets an instant whistle there to protect him from a potential hit. I don’t blame KB from stopping when he already had the DB down.

Uh no there sweetie. KB didn't touch him roflmao. Gonna act like video don't' exist. Get clowned

https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/2017/04/01/film-room-the-play-that-cam-newton-hurt-his-shoulder-on/

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/07/09/cam-newton-says-2016-shoulder-injury-affected-him-for-years/

You have to maintain possession through the ground like any catch so KB getting the ball ripped from him doesn't count as a touch you fool. He's got possession completely after the roll and gets up b/c he wasn't touched. hahahahahahahahahahahahah 🤡

Edited by Fox007

16 minutes ago, shaqattaq said:

I hear ya, but... All TB had to do was make him break stride and someone else could have tackled him. This wasn't 1 on 1 in the open field, there were orange jerseys all around them.

What’s funny is in the postgame interview that’s what he said he tried to do… he just obviously did it very, very, very poorly.