• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gil Brandt's top 10 teams to win the SB halfway through the season.

Ivan The Awesome

51 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

I can see us on that list because we have a great defense, good special teams with a sure field goal kicker. On offense we have Christian, DJ, Robbie and several other players that are skilled. I have said this all season long. We dont need Superman anymore, we need a competent QB who can get the ball to our play makers while making good decisions and retaining the ball. Cam just has to make some plays and distribute the ball. He has more weapons than he has ever had. He doesnt have to carry the team on his back. As long as he does his job and let his team do theirs we could be a tough out the rest of the way.

We just need 2020 NE Cam to make a wildcard run.   Pre covid preferably.  

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, CRA said:

Exactly. One big question will be his fit in the offense. This is his third offense in as many years. Each different schemes. I know Josh McDaniels changed things around for Cam and Brady said he will find what his QBs are best but this is largely a West Coast scheme. New England runs an Erhart Perkins and Rivera ran a Coryell system. Throwing to spots and being very accurate have never been Cams strengths which is what this offense requires. Hopefully we can make it Cam friendly yet productive.

1 hour ago, CRA said:

Right. Some people need to go back and check his stats. He dropped 400 on Seattle early in the season. And he had another 350 yard game too. COVID whipped him for a month. Blame his lack of TDs a little on his awful tier weapons. Their Number 1 WR would be 3 or 4 here. Their starting RB would be on our Practice Squad. 

Edited by joemac
  • Pie 1

I dislike ending up on lists like that out of the blue but meh.  The logical part of me keeps pointing out that with even competent QB play since week 4 the Panthers could easily have 3-ish fewer losses.

I'm not even in the same area code as believing this team is good enough to actually be considered a threat to win much, if anything, in the playoffs but I understand the sentiment.  So fug it.  

18 minutes ago, mwright350 said:

I dislike ending up on lists like that out of the blue but meh.  The logical part of me keeps pointing out that with even competent QB play since week 4 the Panthers could easily have 3-ish fewer losses.

I'm not even in the same area code as believing this team is good enough to actually be considered a threat to win much, if anything, in the playoffs but I understand the sentiment.  So fug it.  

We’re a threat to every single team in the NFL if Cam performs at even his average level. This is a very good team. Sam literally sucked the life out of us for the last 2 months. 

• Pie 1

Our defense has been very good against one dimensional teams, or teams with poor qb play.  It struggled some against the good offenses.  There is no shame in this really, these days there are very few truly dominant defenses.  The best defense in the league this year gave up 34 points to the Titans.  And I do think the additions in the secondary will make us even better.

Truth be told, outside of the Oline and QB, our play has been good enough this year to be a contender.  Unfortunately, those two positions are very important.  But if Cam can come in and just be average, we could challenge for a playoff spot.

• Pie 1