• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam: the answer to our offensive woes

Peon Awesome

This week will be a real litmus test. Rivera knows Cam better than anyone and what he can or cant do. He will devise a defensive scheme to account for Cam. Lets see how Cam mixes it up and uses our better personnel to score. If he dismantles Washington on Sunday he will make believers out of his skeptics. 

• Pie 8

Basically were going to run the read option with Cam and CMC. If they go for CMC then you have a 6'6" 245 pound athlete barreling forward for a good gain. If they go for Cam, then you have CMC untouched and on the loose. That is why Cam is getting a big one year deal. 

Now Cam's passing is not that accurate nor consistent, and his deep ball may be gone, but we don't need that to win. We can tear teams apart with the read option. The read option is unstoppable so long as the o-line does it's part, and our o-line is noted for good run blocking and brutish play. Pass blocking, not so much, but it won't matter when we're short yardage after using the read option.   

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

We are built to beat teams like AZ that have a wimpy smaller d-line. We are also built to beat Washington with them not having Chase Young and Montez Sweat. That means that there was be many read option plays where a scrub off the bench is trying to decide to go for Cam or CMC. There is no question in my mind that the bench warming DE will not be able to handle Cam and CMC running the option at him. Not going to happen. That means our offense will feast on the read option, and our defense will be fresh. The Washington game looks to be in our favor.

• Pie 5

1 minute ago, pantherj said:

We are built to beat teams like AZ that have a wimpy smaller d-line. We are also built to beat Washington with them not having Chase Young and Montez Sweat. That means that there was be many read option plays where a scrub off the bench is trying to decide to go for Cam or CMC. There is no question in my mind that the bench warming DE will not be able to handle Cam and CMC running the option at him. Not going to happen. That means our offense will feast on the read option, and our defense will be fresh. The Washington game looks to be in our favor.

Not to mention our defense should tear Heinicke to shreds.

• Pie 4

I anticipate we are going to run the read option as much as we did in the Chud era, which means a poop ton of times. And that is the smart thing to do if you want to win the game, and to hell with injuries to Cam. Run the option and win. I only care about winning, and this depleted Washington defense is extremely vulnerable to the read option.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, pantherj said:

Heinicke will "Rudy" his way to some short try hard magic plays here and there. It's going to be hard to bottle him up, but he shouldn't put up big numbers.

He's the enemy but I have to admit that 360 spin move escape from death and run to the endzone he had last year is exactly what I thought of when I read your post.

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, pantherj said:

I anticipate we are going to run the read option as much as we did in the Chud era, which means a poop ton of times. And that is the smart thing to do if you want to win the game, and to hell with injuries to Cam. Run the option and win. I only care about winning, and this depleted Washington defense is extremely vulnerable to the read option.

Honestly I’ve always thought that with a QB like Cam every single rushing play should be a read option? Why the hell not? Cam is so good at it that he makes the correct decision 9/10 times. We can absolutely kill teams on this one play. Really not many teams feature it anymore. 

• Pie 1

Basically we have to stay out 3rd and long. That can easily be accomplished using the read option. Stay in short yardage and you take the vulnerable o-line out of the equation. Now Cam is throwing shorter passes that are easier to complete, and CMC can make a guy miss to get the short stuff. Work the read option of the fresh of the bench Washington scrub DEs until they are crying. Then keep going. Wear them the hell out, and stay in short yardage.

• Pie 3