• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sam will be an excellent player

TLGPanthersFan

7 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

Rhule believes he can develop Sam. I believe him. Until CMC went down, and the oline failed to protect him, he was showing confidence, and improvement. 

I don't blame Sam for the regression. The line couldn't protect him, and receivers were dropping passes. 

Just like Rhule hasn't given up on his development, neither should you. 

Delhomme was how old when he became a competent NFL starter? 

I'm not claiming Sam is the answer. Just saying the team and the coaches have an investment in him, and are going to develop him as much as they can to get a return on their investment.

If Cam works out I  actually wouldn't mind hanging on to Sam. I think he could learn a lot from Cam in how to be a leader and learning how to handle pressure. But I'm not willing to excuse his play this season.

In hindsight I think much of his good play early in the season was the result of coddling and minimal expectations for him. With the supporting cast we have he wasn't asked to do a lot. He's definitely shown flashes. I thought his last drive against the Vikings was phenomenal. I just think as a 4 year starter we (and he) can't expect to have everything set up picture perfect for him just to play decent football. 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2

3 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

Is it challenging to do so?

It’s challenging reading posts where posters still think Sam can be something he’s very obviously not and still make excuses after excuses for his very shitty play after 4 years in the league. At some point people need to just accept that he sucks and move on. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 3
  • Flames 2

20 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

Rhule believes he can develop Sam. I believe him. Until CMC went down, and the oline failed to protect him, he was showing confidence, and improvement. 

I don't blame Sam for the regression. The line couldn't protect him, and receivers were dropping passes. 

I'm not claiming Sam is the answer. Just saying the team and the coaches have an investment in him, and are going to develop him as much as they can to get a return on their investment.

4 years he is still the same sucky player he has always been. Continue your blind support I will continue to live in reality. Sam is a really bad football player.

• Pie 1

21 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

Might as well, we're going to be paying for him next season anyway. And giving up that draft pick next season. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

9 minutes ago, OneBadCat said:

If Cam works out I  actually wouldn't mind hanging on to Sam. I think he could learn a lot from Cam in how to be a leader and learning how to handle pressure. But I'm not willing to excuse his play this season.

In hindsight I think much of his good play early in the season was the result of coddling and minimal expectations for him. With the supporting cast we have he wasn't asked to do a lot. He's definitely shown flashes. I thought his last drive against the Vikings was phenomenal. I just think as a 4 year starter we (and he) can't expect to have everything set up picture perfect for him just to play decent football. 

It's just the same thing we saw with Teddy last year. You can't really judge a QB until opposing DCs get some film to study on him in that system with that supporting cast. That's when the truth comes out. The truth with Teddy was predictably very mediocre. The truth with Darnold was predictably disastrous. Why we were expecting something else is what concerns me.

• Beer 3

24 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

Sam can't read defenses.. After 4 years I can't blame that on anybody but him...

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2