• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rhule Has No Idea What He Is Doing

Castavar

11 hours ago, Castavar said:

Ain't he proved it on that wasted timeout on 4th and 4. The fact he didn't already have a plan in place for that situation screams he literally only went for it because the crowd booed him. As a head coach, you should already know whether you are going for it BEFORE it even gets to 4th down. I'm done with this college "cute" coaching staff. They do not have what it takes to succeed in the NFL. Hell, Rhule and Snow couldn't even beat ranked teams in college. This is not surprising.

I endorse Mike Tomlin as the new Carolina panthers head coach! 

12 hours ago, WOW!! said:

I don't think it was game plan thoe..

Jackson getting burnt by Mcclarin when he hasn't giving up that many big plays all year.. Can't really be gameplan.. Burns missing sacks and playing the read option wrong all day isn't game plan... Missing Tackles and getting pushed around isn't game plan.. Shaq not being in the right depth on passing plays isn't game plan...

Giving up 18 yards on a 3rd and 21 isn't game plan..

All that is poo is on the players not showing up and playing to the level they have most of the season..

You don’t think putting Jackson on McLaurin was the game plan?  

Jackson wasn’t giving up big plays all year because he has largely hasn’t been covering anyone of note …and largely has played bad QBs.  

McLaurin is one of the best in the game right now.   And you saw the outcome when anyone not named Gilmore covered him.   That’s a horrible game plan and McLaurin’s success got them running, confident and in a offensive groove. 

Washington has too few playmakers for a game plan to be that bad on D. 

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, CRA said:

You don’t think putting Jackson on McLaurin was the game plan?  

Jackson wasn’t giving up big plays all year because he has largely hasn’t been covering anyone of note …and largely has played bad QBs.  

McLaurin is one of the best in the game right now.   And you saw the outcome when anyone not named Gilmore covered him.   That’s a horrible game plan and McLaurin’s success got them running, confident and in a offensive groove. 

Washington has too few playmakers for a game plan to be that bad on D. 

Yea man it was a tee total accident(heard this old white feller say that) that Jackson was on McLaurin...like wtf is that guy talking about.

14 hours ago, ImaginaryKev said:

He signed a long contract, he gone be here a while

Everyone keeps saying that. I kept saying if he didn't win this year, it'd be over.

Folks, I think it's nearly over. If we weren't still mathematically capable of sneaking into the playoffs, then it'd happen by our bye week, but we will probably have to drag through the rest of this season and hope that an attractive college gig opens up giving Tepper and Rhule an opportunity to split up and save face.

12 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yep. If you want to try to run to borders against us, best of luck. We have the speed to feast on that. But if you line up heavy and keep it between the tackles... uh oh.

We don't have the ends or linebackers to defend that...yet.  When they go defense in the draft again this place will lose their collective minds. 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

We don't have the ends or linebackers to defend that...yet.  When they go defense in the draft again this place will lose their collective minds. 

I kinda think we do in Gross-Matos and Fox. I think Gross-Matos was out yesterday. In hindsight, that hurt. Against run heavy teams, Gross-Matos needs to be getting a lot of snaps.

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I kinda think we do in Gross-Matos and Fox. I think Gross-Matos was out yesterday. In hindsight, that hurt. Against run heavy teams, Gross-Matos needs to be getting a lot of snaps.

Could also throw some run blitzes up in there while they are running the exact same play. Or we could continue to sit there and run the same defense vs the same play getting the same outcome...can try that.

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

I agree somewhat.  But as you saw they need a breather and Washington took advantage of that when they were on the bench.  We just don't have the depth to compensate.  It's the nature of the beast.  We will always have bad match-ups against some teams like everyone else. We just have to find a way to overcome them. Yesterday was a prime example of not having the manpower to hold our own...yet. 

6 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I agree somewhat.  But as you saw they need a breather and Washington took advantage of that when they were on the bench.  We just don't have the depth to compensate.  It's the nature of the beast.  We will always have bad match-ups against some teams like everyone else. We just have to find a way to overcome them. Yesterday was a prime example of not having the manpower to hold our own...yet. 

I can't remember if it was you or someone else that brought back up the 3-4. The half assed swap to 3-4 sure didn't help and just helps show that the franchise constantly has someone directing the ship straight into a reef.

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yetur was out there a fair amount. He just wasn't making a splash at all. Fox had his moments, but honestly, they are both built more for DE in a 4-3 defense. This crazy hybrid thing we run, since it was exposed by Dallas, has been exploited by any team that has even a halfway decent o-line. 

4 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

I can't remember if it was you or someone else that brought back up the 3-4. The half assed swap to 3-4 sure didn't help and just helps show that the franchise constantly has someone directing the ship straight into a reef.

It wasn't me i dont think. I watched the game before I came on here to comment.  But they tried everything to slow the run game down but it didn't matter.  They washed out out tackles and put olinemen in our second level on linebackers.  We were toast from the jump because our fast DE's and linebackers got taken out of the play.  Perfect game plan.

Edited by Jon Snow

9 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

It wasn't me i dont think. I watched the game before I came on here to comment.  But they tried everything to slow the run game down but it didn't matter.  They washed out out tackles and put olinemen in our second level on linebackers.  We were toast from the jump because our fast DE's and linebackers got taken out of the play.  Perfect game plan.

Whoever said this defense is like the colts with Freeney and Mathis is pretty much on point.  And our offense isn’t prime manning led colts. If we can get a two score lead we are fine but if we need a stop in a close game we aren’t likely to get it.  I thought If we had recovered that fumble on the kickoff after it was 14-7 the game would have looked completely different. We likely would have scored again to make it 21-7 which would have forced Washington to pass more. We all know that Rivera’s teams suck at coming from behind and Heinecke was way too comfortable because they never got out of their game plan. We were totally outcoached yesterday. 

14 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Honestly, even worse... I think he let the booing of the fans as the punter was trotting out change his mind. I think the change of mind was the right call but had the boos not rained down I honestly think they would've gone through with the punt.

I just think Rhule and company are in over their heads. Seeing them out-coached by Ron Rivera cemented that for me.

Exactly