• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam looked very good yesterday

electro's horse

Best case scenario is Cam looks the part all season and gets an extension, and BC also looks solid enough at LT. We can trade down or look at G/C with our 1st round pick.  We just need to replace our OC (and probably head coach). We can also look at a project QB on the later rounds to learn for a couple years behind Cam. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Chad_Cota said:

I know it’s early, but I don’t see an option where we don’t bring him back next season. 

You have to.

You cannot....CANNOT...go into next season without Cam as your starting QB 'cause the alternative would be PJ or even worse...SAM and that would be disastrous. 

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, Waldo said:

Cam looked good. Arm looked great, still a little rusty but that is 100% to be expected. No more QB is the problem at this time.

Same old oline. Inside looked to get blown up, BC looks solid in pass but weak in run and Jordan is falling apart out there.

Biggest problem with the Oline is the needless penalties.  You take the penalties away, while not perfect, they played well enough.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, TheMaulClaw said:

Biggest problem with the Oline is the needless penalties.  You take the penalties away, while not perfect, they played well enough.

Yeah those penalties the Oline had yesterday hurt a lot.  Interesting thing is the zebras let WFT hold like they were cradling babies all game long and didn't call it...I guess our Oline is known as garbage around the league and refs are watching our scrubs harder.

• Pie 1

Cam did look good, but the staff should not have let him play all game.  They should have mixed in PJ to keep Washington guessing.  Ron knows Cam 100% and the entire game plan was tailored to Cam's strengths with only 1 full week as the starter, which played right into Ron's hands.  That's on our coaching staff.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Rocky Davis said:

Yeah those penalties the Oline had yesterday hurt a lot.  Interesting thing is the zebras let WFT hold like they were cradling babies all game long and didn't call it...I guess our Oline is known as garbage around the league and refs are watching our scrubs harder.

They threw crippling flags every time we were about to seize momentum....that said our players do dumb stuff at bad times.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, TheMaulClaw said:

They threw crippling flags every time we were about to seize momentum....that said our players do dumb stuff at bad times.

Yep, they were definitely penalties....wish the game was called equally The Team would have been pushed back multiple times too. 

Such is the life of the Carolina Panthers.

4 minutes ago, TheMaulClaw said:

I think the penalties show that the players trying to do something when they are getting beat like a drum. 

Jordan especially. That looked like the guy who got Burrow hurt. The coaching on the oline looks awful this year. 

Just now, 45catfan said:

Cam did look good, but the staff should not have let him play all game.  They should have mixed in PJ to keep Washington guessing.  Ron knows Cam 100% and the entire game plan was tailored to Cam's strengths with only 1 full week as the starter, which played right into Ron's hands.  That's on our coaching staff.

Offense was not the problem.  Cam moved the ball on every drive, every drive that didn't work out was killed by penalties....outside of the last drive.  In spite of that, this game was a 100 percent on the D.  I went into this game thinking the same thing as you....run the dual qb system again.  To my surprise, that was the least of our worries.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Cam looked fine. We need the ball downfield more but he is familiar with Moore and CMC so that is where he went with the quick passes and that should have been more that enough to win the game.  If he can get Roddy open on some deep passes, it will open up the middle more. What Cam really needs "right now" is a reliable TE to get those quick throws to as well.  Enough with the Ian Thomas experiment.  Lets sink or swim with Tremble and see if they can get some more mojo together.