• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PFF Grades Best & Worst

CarolinaLivin

2 minutes ago, RumHam said:

Yeah, he's a bust at this point. He hasn't been getting double teamed and hasn't gotten pressure up the middle. Again, when you take a DT that high, you expect near Aaron Donald levels of play.

So, HURNEY fuging MAGIC 

What?. I saw him double teamed a few times yesterday.. He is putting up nearly the same numbers as Star did his 1st 2 season.. Nobody was calling him a bust.. And Brown is a different type of DT from Donald..

• Pie 2

4 hours ago, AU-panther said:

NFL Week 11 Game Recap: Washington Football Team 27, Carolina Panthers 21 | NFL News, Rankings and Statistics | PFF

They had him as giving up the most pressures on the line.

Also if remember correctly he had at least one penalty and pretty sure penalties are graded pretty harshly since they can be drive killers.

NVM, I see your post about the penalties.  

Our OL gave up 7 pressures according to this, just yielding 1 sack.  That's not bad, not bad at all given our OL history. 

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, 45catfan said:

Our OL gave up 7 pressures according to this, just yielding 1 sack.  That's not bad, not bad at all given our OL history. 

I agree.

We completed 1/8 3rd and 4th downs throwing the ball.  Only one of those attempts was a sack.  The rest were incompletes or completions that didn't get past the sticks.

Overall, we were 3/12 on 3rd and 4th down.  They were 8/15.  That was the ball game right there.  Everyone wants to talk about ToP, that's a byproduct of not getting them off of the field on 3rd down and not keeping our drives going on 3rd down.

Our offense did a bad job of converting, our defense did a bad job of preventing.  You can blame both.

3 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

I agree.

We completed 1/8 3rd and 4th downs throwing the ball.  Only one of those attempts was a sack.  The rest were incompletes or completions that didn't get past the sticks.

Overall, we were 3/12 on 3rd and 4th down.  They were 8/15.  That was the ball game right there.  Everyone wants to talk about ToP, that's a byproduct of not getting them off of the field on 3rd down and not keeping our drives going on 3rd down.

Our offense did a bad job of converting, our defense did a bad job of preventing.  You can blame both.

Yep, they are not mutually exclusive.  Both can be bad at the same time.  Our offense couldn't move the chains consistently and our defense couldn't get off the field particularly on 3rd and 4th downs as you mentioned.

20 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Yep, they are not mutually exclusive.  Both can be bad at the same time.  Our offense couldn't move the chains consistently and our defense couldn't get off the field particularly on 3rd and 4th downs as you mentioned.

yep.

Football is a game of possessions, that is why turnovers have such a high correlation to winning.  Failing on 3rd and 4th down are like mini turnovers with less field position change.  

Change the conversion numbers by two (we go 5/12 and they go 6/15) and there is a good chance we win considering we had the turnover.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, Smithers said:

Seems right.  I lost a lot of faith in Jackson yesterday.  We can’t afford another bad deal - he’s had 8-10 good games in 4 years with the team.  Time to cut our losses.

Plus we gotta pay Reddick and build up the O-line. Not to mention Horn coming back plus Bouye, Henderson, Taylor and hopefully Gilmore.

• Pie 2

8 hours ago, BIGH2001 said:

Derrick Brown is looking like a bust. He sure isn’t helping against the run.

He's had a couple bad games but he's been pretty solid. He's still developing. Physically and within this scheme. PFF isn't the gold standard but they've has graded him poorly the last couple weeks... this is the same dude that made their All-Rookie team last year, along with the PFWA All-Rookie team. The skill is there he's just got to refine a few things. I get it though...microwave expectations. You wont find consistent  instant dominance unless your just an all-world athlete...i.e Aaron Donald. 

Most players should b allowed 3 years to  develop before passing serious judgement. Doesnt mean he shouldn't be held accountable, he still has a job to do. I'd give him the benefit of the doubt though. 

Mario Addison, Charles Johnson, KK Short, etc..all examples. Give him time. 

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, WOW!! said:

What?. I saw him double teamed a few times yesterday.. He is putting up nearly the same numbers as Star did his 1st 2 season.. Nobody was calling him a bust.. And Brown is a different type of DT from Donald..

Yeah saying Brown isn’t tying up 2 blockers is ridiculous.  He does this much of the time.  We would be totally terrible without this dude in there

If there is one dude on this team I am least worried about it is Brown

Edited by Shocker
  • Pie 2

8 hours ago, NAS said:

Bit of an overreaction.  He had a bad game, but that doesn't make him a bust

He was trending in the wrong direction well before this game.  Despite being small on the outside, a lot of the damage being done in the run game is straight up the middle on Brown and Jones.  Even on zones and powers, they arent affecting the run game at all.  He doesn't exist in the pass game and he has been getting manhandled most of the year in the run game.  I dont think its an overreaction.  He looks bad.

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

Like everyone else on defense yesterday he was tossed aside with relative ease, but Brown's not been bad at all this year.

Many fans don't know the difference between defensive end and defensive tackle, which is fine. 

They don’t understand football period.  Random threads on a guy that had a mediocre day calling them busts is a weekly thing here.  Some people just can’t accept anything but elite level on every play from every player.  The other teams guys are under the same type of scrutiny.  Hard league is hard and when you win a game its Super Bowl for a week.  Lose and they entire team needs to go.  Dumb

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1