• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rhule comes across as fake

NAS

48 minutes ago, Mage said:

Every HC's press conference is filled with coach-speak.

If people want to hate Rhule that is okay.  But it blows my mind how much people think what a coach says in a press conference matters.

Newsflash: Go watch all 32 HC post-game talks.  They all more or less say the same thing.  Hell the GOAT coach Belichick is the KING of Coach Speak.  

No player gives a crap about what Rhule is saying at a press conference.  It literally doesn't matter.

That's the thing. Rhule sucks at coach speak. How many times has he gone over the top with praise and then taken an action shortly after that shows that praise was bullshit? What Belichick does better than anyone is simply saying as little as possible.

• Pie 2

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

That's the thing. Rhule sucks at coach speak. How many times has he gone over the top with praise and then taken an action shortly after that shows that praise was bullshit? What Belichick does better than anyone is simply saying as little as possible.

were on to the next post

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

That's the thing. Rhule sucks at coach speak. How many times has he gone over the top with praise and then taken an action shortly after that shows that praise was bullshit? 

And?  Please explain to me why that matters?

It's a press conference.  Of course the things he says to the media aren't always going to be how things play out in reality.  You are making a problem out of something that in the grand scheme of things, really doesn't matter.  I seriously doubt any player is even listening to Rhule's press conferences, much less caring about anything he has to say.

Press conferences and what a coach says in them literally doesn't matter.  It is for entertainment/media purposes, point blank.  It amazes me how much stock ya'll keep trying to put into something that has nothing to do with the product on the football field.  

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, Mage said:

And?  Please explain to me why that matters?

It's a press conference.  Of course the things he says to the media aren't always going to be how things play out in reality.  You are making a problem out of something that in the grand scheme of things, really doesn't matter.  I seriously doubt any player is even listening to Rhule's press conferences, much less caring about anything he has to say.

Press conferences and what a coach says in them literally doesn't matter.  It is for entertainment/media purposes, point blank.  It amazes me how much stock ya'll keep trying to put into something that has nothing to do with the product on the football field.  

I just think you're flat out wrong. You're telling me that if you had a high profile public facing job and your boss was saying things about you that you found to be misleading if not outright false you'd just be fine with that? No big deal?

I call bullshit.

• Pie 2

Well, he is the son of a preacher man. (I think I'm remembering right?) And they're known for often laying it on pretty thick.

But you can be a bit of a used car salesman at the podium and still be a good coach. They're not necessarily mutually exclusive.

I still think he deserves another full season + before rendering any definitive verdict.

• Pie 2

Just now, countryboi said:

Post game interviews are not the place to be candid. You not are not going blast your coordinators or your plays, no matter how much the fans would love that. Of course, the interview are fake. it's designed to be fake.  You praise in public and rip them in private. 

I disagree with you.  There should be accountability.  You don't have to rip into your players or coaches, but you don't have to lie either.  Fans deserves some level of honesty and accountability.  

18 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I just think you're flat out wrong. You're telling me that if you had a high profile public facing job and your boss was saying things about you that you found to be misleading if not outright false you'd just be fine with that? No big deal?

I call bullshit.

This doesn't make any sense. 

You initially stated that the problem with Matt Rhule is that in press conferences, he gives out praise to players that behind the scenes, he does not mean.

Why would a player prefer their coach to throw them under the bus to the media?

But then in the post I just quoted, you seem to be implying that Rhule is intentionally saying false, negative things about his players.  What is an example of Matt Rhule saying outright false, negative things about his players?  

I'm actually very curious.  You are a smart guy.  But I have no clue what you are getting at, because you are saying two different things.  The first post you said Rhule was giving too much praise in press conferences that he didn't mean... I'm not sure in what rationale you think players would prefer to get thrown under the bus in public. 

Edited by Mage
  • Beer 1