• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Clean House Thread

Zod

Rivera got 3 years to start winning and I'm sure Matt Rhule with his 7 year contract will get at least 1 more year as well. Rivera was 6-10 and 7-9 and a lot of people were saying the same thing about him not being HC material...he then won 2 COY awards. Rhule is a program builder which means it was going to take time to see winning results. A lot of you, like 99% of you were on board with this hire when it happened and even said you'd be willing to give him 3-4 seasons before you expected a playoff team, well it's only year 2.

Lots of cap room next year to fix the oline and retool the defense, Cam should be brought back on another 1 year deal this time with a full offseason w/ the team under his belt in a make or break it year and then go from there. No young QBs to grab in next years draft so if we suck again next year we'll at least be in position to grab a young QB with a new HC the next year if it doesnt workout.

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

Rivera got 3 years to start winning and I'm sure Matt Rhule with his 7 year contract will get at least 1 more year as well. Rivera was 6-10 and 7-9 and a lot of people were saying the same thing about him not being HC material...he then won 2 COY awards. Rhule is a program builder which means it was going to take time to see winning results. A lot of you, like 99% of you were on board with this hire when it happened and even said you'd be willing to give him 3-4 seasons before you expected a playoff team, well it's only year 2.

Lots of cap room next year to fix the oline and retool the defense, Cam should be brought back on another 1 year deal this time with a full offseason w/ the team under his belt in a make or break it year and then go from there. No young QBs to grab in next years draft so if we suck again next year we'll at least be in position to grab a young QB with a new HC the next year if it doesnt workout.

College isn’t the NFL. Rebuilds cannot years. Rhule is a terrible coach. But you keep living in that fantasy of yours. 

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

6 minutes ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

Rivera hadn’t lost the locker room within 2 seasons.  There’s a huge difference.  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Just now, TLGPanthersFan said:

College isn’t the NFL. Rebuilds cannot years. Rhule is a terrible coach. But you keep living in that fantasy of yours. 

Jackass I've been one of the few that was against the Rhule hire when it happened, even got banned off the main forum for a bit for voicing my displeasures but nontheless he was hired to a 7 year contract and is a PROGRAM BUILDER meaning he rarely has had success in the first year or two at the places he's been. I would assume he'd get at least 3 years before he was fired whether your whine and cheese ass wants to believe it or not it is likely to happen

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, ickmule said:

Rivera hadn’t lost the locker room within 2 seasons.  There’s a huge difference.  

No one here has access or knows anyone with direct access to that locker room and has no idea what is going on behind closed doors. Is it possible? Maybe. Definitive? Absolutely not

Edited by Mr Mojo Risin

2 minutes ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

No one here has access or knows anyone with direct access to that locker room and has no idea what is going on behind closed doors. Is it possible? Maybe. Definitive? Absolutely not

Rhule has lost the locker room.  You can tell by the lack of effort from the players.    

Edited by ickmule

1 minute ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

Jackass I've been one of the few that was against the Rhule hire when it happened, even got banned off the main forum for a bit for voicing my displeasures but nontheless he was hired to a 7 year contract and is a PROGRAM BUILDER meaning he rarely has had success in the first year or two at the places he's been. I would assume he'd get at least 3 years before he was fired whether your whine and cheese ass wants to believe it or not it is likely to happen

I didn’t want rhule either because I didn’t think the rah rah preacher poo would work on professional players but there are some clear differences in the two coaches after two years. We had an identity, a franchise qb to build around and a droy in luke who was a monster his rookie year and it felt like we were building something. This really does feel like a disaster. 

13 minutes ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

I agree. As much as I want him gone, his contract is too long and too much, he will get at least one more year. I said it earlier, Tepper sent out letters to psl owners asking for patiences and rebuilds take time, I can’t see him firing Rhule after two years. 

• Beer 2

43 minutes ago, OneBadCat said:

That’s entirely possible but I think Rhule has shown he’s out of his depth at this point. Falling on your sword to sign Cam was on one end humble and smart, and on the other admission that you have squandered this teams QB position the last 2 years.

He has shown no ability to control this defenses effort and he has no way of getting this o line to gel. I honestly like his draft picks but he just seems like someone who can’t recover once he loses momentum.

This team does lack talent in some vital areas but we are losing because of poor coaching and uninspired play. We shouldn’t be a highlight reel for the opposing team every week no matter who we put out there.

Bringing Cam back was a business decision from a nervous owner that saw interest in the season starting to wane. Hiring Rhule was a move from a nervous owner that thought another team was going to take him. To have that same individual make any future moves makes me nervous because they could be based more on whims that neglects long term benefits for short term satisfaction.

And personally, I find the "poor coaching, uninspired play" talking point so overused that it means nothing to me anymore. Frankly, we are not as talented as we think we are.

• Pie 2

Just now, TheRumGone said:

I didn’t want rhule either because I didn’t think the rah rah preacher poo would work on professional players but there are some clear differences in the two coaches after two years. We had an identity, a franchise qb to build around and a droy in luke who was a monster his rookie year and it felt like we were building something. This really does feel like a disaster. 

Regardless of where this team is at currently it was going to take longer than two seasons. That was a known fact when he was hired, go back and read the thread at all of the people that were okay with it and "in it for the long haul" well this is what that looks like.

3 minutes ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

Regardless of where this team is at currently it was going to take longer than two seasons. That was a known fact when he was hired, go back and read the thread at all of the people that were okay with it and "in it for the long haul" well this is what that looks like.

Eh no. You want to see progress from year 1 to 2. We’re backsliding.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1