• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Clean House Thread

Zod

19 minutes ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

Rivera got 3 years to start winning and I'm sure Matt Rhule with his 7 year contract will get at least 1 more year as well. Rivera was 6-10 and 7-9 and a lot of people were saying the same thing about him not being HC material...he then won 2 COY awards. Rhule is a program builder which means it was going to take time to see winning results. A lot of you, like 99% of you were on board with this hire when it happened and even said you'd be willing to give him 3-4 seasons before you expected a playoff team, well it's only year 2.

Lots of cap room next year to fix the oline and retool the defense, Cam should be brought back on another 1 year deal this time with a full offseason w/ the team under his belt in a make or break it year and then go from there. No young QBs to grab in next years draft so if we suck again next year we'll at least be in position to grab a young QB with a new HC the next year if it doesnt workout.

Please leave for the day. You’re way too rational. 

• Flames 1
  • Poo 1

2 minutes ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

This is the NFL nothing ever works out 100% the way it's supposed to. Bottom line Rhule is highly likely to see a 3rd season as much as you people who have suddenly turned on him don't want that to be true

Meh easy to stay at home. Harder to watch that investment dip, 'wtfpwnzorsn00bz' online is not the concern for Tepper

Edited by Fox007
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, ickmule said:

I told y’all before we had any idea he would be back that he was done. Watched almost every game he played last season and 90% of the time he was terrible. 

No you didn’t lol you and the same 4 posters go into hiding anytime he has a good game and wait in the bushes for performances like this to come out of hiding, ya did this all last year 

• Pie 1

21 minutes ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

Jackass I've been one of the few that was against the Rhule hire when it happened, even got banned off the main forum for a bit for voicing my displeasures but nontheless he was hired to a 7 year contract and is a PROGRAM BUILDER meaning he rarely has had success in the first year or two at the places he's been. I would assume he'd get at least 3 years before he was fired whether your whine and cheese ass wants to believe it or not it is likely to happen

Yeah I am not going to drop to your childish level. Just going to report you to the mods. Have a nice day. 

• Poo 4

1 minute ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

No you didn’t lol you and the same 4 posters go into hiding anytime he has a good game and wait in the bushes for performances like this to come out of hiding, ya did this all last year 

rofl that shits funny because I thought I was the only one to use that type of terminology

• Flames 1

So if Rhule is a program builder, why do we get worse as the season goes on?  As mentioned Rivera was 7-9 in 2nd season, but that team went 5-1 in the last six games was competitive in all but 2 games all season.  THAT team was building towards something.  THIS team has ZERO identity and is only getting WORSE.

• Pie 3

Just now, TLGPanthersFan said:

You are a fool if you think Rhule is going to magically turn into a good coach. 

I don't care either way maybe adjust your reading glasses or something? Let me summarize my last 5 posts to help you understand. I. Was. Against. The. Matt. Rhule. Coaching. Hire. And. He. Signed. A. 7. Year. Contract. As. A. Program. Builder. So. We. Are. Likely. Going. To. See. Him. Get. At. Least. 3. Seasons. As. Coach. Of. The. Carolina. Panthers.

Did that help you understand? Let me know I can try crayon next

8 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

So if Rhule is a program builder, why do we get worse as the season goes on?  As mentioned Rivera was 7-9 in 2nd season, but that team went 5-1 in the last six games was competitive in all but 2 games all season.  THAT team was building towards something.  THIS team has ZERO identity and is only getting WORSE.

People also forget Rivera was going to be fired in 2012 before he ripped of 4 straight wins in December and then was one the hot seat again when we started 1-3 in 2013 before going on a 7 game win streak. Rhule hasn't been getting any better and, in fact, the team seems to be regressing week after week.

Edited by TLGPanthersFan
  • Pie 2
  • Poo 1

15 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

Eh no. You want to see progress from year 1 to 2. We’re backsliding.

And instead of accumulating draft picks to actually rebuild we've traded them away for guys that won't be here in 2 years. Not that this staff has shown any hope of knowing how to develop young players.

• Pie 1

34 minutes ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

Rivera got 3 years to start winning and I'm sure Matt Rhule with his 7 year contract will get at least 1 more year as well. Rivera was 6-10 and 7-9 and a lot of people were saying the same thing about him not being HC material...he then won 2 COY awards. Rhule is a program builder which means it was going to take time to see winning results. A lot of you, like 99% of you were on board with this hire when it happened and even said you'd be willing to give him 3-4 seasons before you expected a playoff team, well it's only year 2.

Lots of cap room next year to fix the oline and retool the defense, Cam should be brought back on another 1 year deal this time with a full offseason w/ the team under his belt in a make or break it year and then go from there. No young QBs to grab in next years draft so if we suck again next year we'll at least be in position to grab a young QB with a new HC the next year if it doesnt workout.

I could possibly agree with you except…..The players have  quit o n   This staff, too many mistakes by coaches have  demoralized this   Team.