• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Rhule a hot name for open college coaching jobs at Oklahoma, Notre Dame

NAS

37 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Umm, don't stop on our account Rhule. Follow your heart and take your staff with you.

Tepper, make it happen and save us from a lame duck coach year in 2022.

In the viewpoints of many Panther fans on here and reddit, the team looks to have quit already.

If Rhule makes it to next year with the same player sentiment, we could very well go winless.

32 minutes ago, PantherGuy said:

Literally can't trust a word he says. He came off so authentic when he was hired. Now all I hear is a man who thinks he can talk his way out of anything.

Agreed. But hey, don't feel bad. He might have fooled us too but at least he didn't swindle us out of tens of millions of dollars. Tepper has to realize at this point that he basically got taken by a con man. That's gotta be rough on the old ego. 😂

• Beer 2

4 minutes ago, KSpan said:

If he's legitimately considering going back to a college job IMO that's a big indicator that he needs to be in college and not the NFL, even if only in the near term. Dude should just jet on out if that's the case. 

Most analysts say he's not.

Our best hope is to see that decision made for him.

Edited by Mr. Scot

20 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

I hate that we face that we face Falcons and Saints. 
I could see us winning those games and Rhule being like, “Hey I won 6 games instead of 5.”

they added a 17th game this year.  So I don't care about hearing about 6 instead of 5.   

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Agreed. But hey, don't feel bad. He might have fooled us too but at least he didn't swindle us out of tens of millions of dollars. Tepper has to realize at this point that he basically got taken by a con man. That's gotta be rough on the old ego. 😂

And tens of millions to Rhule players such as Teddy, Sam, Eli Apple, Tahir Whitehead, Cameron Erving, Pat Elflein... 

22 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

I hate that we face that we face Falcons and Saints. 
I could see us winning those games and Rhule being like, “Hey I won 6 games instead of 5.”

Dude we just got blown out by the literal Dolphins. We could very well go winless from here on out. I don't have a lot of faith in beating a Falcons team they has caught a little fire since they got destroyed by Dallas. The Saints defense is more than good enough to stop our terrible offense, and the Bills and Bucs? Good luck with that. 

47 minutes ago, bigskypanthersguy said:

In the viewpoints of many Panther fans on here and reddit, the team looks to have quit already.

If Rhule makes it to next year with the same player sentiment, we could very well go winless.

Looks to have, and I agree. I just can't confirm yet. We will know next week for sure, the last winnable game

3 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Looks to have, and I agree. I just can't confirm yet. We will know next week for sure, the last winnable game

I will always hope we win.  I don't give a damn for higher draft picks.  Drafting someone high doesn't necessarily mean anything and to me the most fun aspect of football is watching your team win.

From the available current evidence I find it highly unlikely.

The thing I will appreciate about Foxball/Riveraball is when it's on, it's damned on, and the Rhule Panthers badly miss that kind of grit.

Snow's pass rush displays it to a degree but everything else is an absolute disgrace.

Last week's offensive line performance in and of itself was abysmal.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

22 minutes ago, bigskypanthersguy said:

I will always hope we win.  I don't give a damn for higher draft picks.  Drafting someone high doesn't necessarily mean anything and to me the most fun aspect of football is watching your team win.

From the available current evidence I find it highly unlikely.

The thing I will appreciate about Foxball/Riveraball is when it's on, it's damned on, and the Rhule Panthers badly miss that kind of grit.

Snow's pass rush displays it to a degree but everything else is an absolute disgrace.

Last week's offensive line performance in and of itself was abysmal.

I want to win but when we get to a spot like this, I'm torn. I won't lie, I was cheering for a QB pick in 2010. There was no hope, I just wanted the pain to end and I did not want another 2010 year.

By this point in a season it's about improvement or draft pisition. We haven't seen improvement in some time so...

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, CRA said:

they added a 17th game this year.  So I don't care about hearing about 6 instead of 5.   

You’re right. 6-11 now is the equivalent to 5-11. So no improvement if we lose out or win 1. Man, if he is around in 2022 after having the same record 2 years in a row. I gotta ask what Tepper is thinking right now. 

18 minutes ago, Waldo said:

I want to win but when we get to a spot like this, I'm torn. I won't lie, I was cheering for a QB pick in 2010. There was no hope, I just wanted the pain to end and I did not want another 2010 year.

By this point in a season it's about improvement or draft pisition. We haven't seen improvement in some time so...

Unfortunately the whole team is too broken right now to be fixed by something as simple as winning.

We're at least two years out from any hope of a turn-around at the very least.

• Beer 1