• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Observer article by Ellis Williams. How the Panthers got here

raleigh-panther

2 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Also The Seahawks haven't drafted well at all since lucking out on Russel Wilson, and their O-line has always been an issue. DK fell into their laps but other than that their best pick was maybe Tyler Lockett in the 3rd round? 

...yea...when a franchise QB threatens to leave because hes running for his life is not an endorsement for Fitt.....  Rhule needs to go and he can drag Fitt with him...this is a disaster and they created it... now we have to trust they can fix it? lol... 

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

The Seahawks best drafts happened when Scot McCloughan was part of their front office. Unfortunately, after moving on to become the GM in DC, McCloughan basically drank himself out of a job. Right now he's working as an occasional draft consultant.

I would favor making McCloughan part of our front office, but you'd have to have some pretty strong assurances that he wouldn't fall off the wagon again.

• Pie 2

33 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

The Seahawks best drafts happened when Scot McCloughan was part of their front office. Unfortunately, after moving on to become the GM in DC, McCloughan basically drank himself out of a job. Right now he's working as an occasional draft consultant.

I would favor making McCloughan part of our front office, but you'd have to have some pretty strong assurances that he wouldn't fall off the wagon again.

Don't we still have an assistant GM position open?

28 minutes ago, BrianS said:

Don't we still have an assistant GM position open?

Dan Morgan is the Assistant GM.

Front office structures are extremely flexible though. They could hire somebody and give them the title "God Emperor of  Dune" if they wanted to.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

After seeing what Dan Snyder has had going on in that organization, does anyone fault McCloughan for hitting the bottle. 

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

That's what I'm saying, get some dudes off their couches to do better than this high priced shtshow. 

• Beer 1

6 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Morgan wasn't hired until May. By that time most of our offseason work was already done.

Fitterer is primarily a college scouting guy. Morgan's background is in pro personnel.

As I said, I wanna see what that combo can do with a full offseason and no hindrance from a head coach who's out of his depth.

6 hours ago, BurnNChinn said:

Morgan wasn’t here when they was looking at trading for Darnold was he?

Thanks, I stand corrected. Then keep Dan, ditch the Fit.

I'm not the least bit impressed with Fitterer's college assessment abilities. 

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Biggest mistake was hiring Rhule and keeping Marty. 
Marty should of been fired and then we hire the GM and then coach. 
The way we have gone about it is bass ackward. 

A college coach got the keys to fleet much too fast. That much control is usually reserved for well seasoned coaches.

It's not that he hired Rhule it's that he let him run things without a safety net. It wasn't done properly. The result would have been better had he actually kept Marty to manage things ahead of Rhule than to throw a college coach all the keys to the whole fleet without ANY GM to guide him into the NFL. Instead Rhule is picking his own GM?! When he sucks, who's going to hold him accountable?

That's why it's all screwed and needs NFL GM, coach help asap. If he allows Fitts and Dan to now hire a coach, maybe then you start to right the ship.

• Pie 1

39 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Biggest mistake was hiring Rhule and keeping Marty. 
Marty should of been fired and then we hire the GM and then coach. 
The way we have gone about it is bass ackward. 

The bigger mistake before that was keeping Rivera *AND* Hurney in Tepper Year One.

He should have cleaned the slate the first day he sat down in the owner's office.

• Pie 3