Jump to content
  • Welcome!

    Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

    Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

    Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

     

  • panthers-redskins-1.jpg

College quarterbacks today


Stuart Smith
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Mother Grabber said:

not a chance. it’s taking advantage of a rule put in place purely to protect the QB. to fake it is mocking the rule and should be seen on the same level as flopping. it’s 100% a bitch move.

In a conference championship game I got no issues with it, but in say week 5 of the nfl season he would get murdered for doing that. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Only when someone else's quarterback does it.

When your quarterback does it then it's smart, funny and badass 

No. It’s not. Abusing a rule designed to protect you is a bitch move no matter who does it. If you want to do that be prepared to get your ass knocked out of the game next time you try it. 

  • Pie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

In a conference championship game I got no issues with it, but in say week 5 of the nfl season he would get murdered for doing that. 

the rule includes this line:

A defender must pull up when a runner begins a feet-first slide. 

faking a slide go against this line of the rule, especially since the refs are so biased toward throwing a flag for contact with a sliding QB. faking is abuse of this rule, and should be penalized as such.

  • Pie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Keep Cam if we can get a team friendly deal .  Sam   and Walker  for backup duty .  Draft heavy on O-line .  Offer Gilmore and Riddick a contract .  Let Jackson and Paradis walk .   Move CMC to slot WR . Ameer and Chubb handle RD duties .   Search for a new OC .   Only look at a QB  if one we want falls in our lap .

  • Pie 3
  • Flames 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, TheRumGone said:

I have a feeling saints and Steelers are going to reach for a qb this year. So if we want one of those qbs we’re probably gonna have to pull the trigger at our pick. Ideally we trade down and pick up a 2nd or 3rd and draft Malik or Pickett. But if I had to guess this staff is going to go after Pickett. Rhule is familiar with him and they really need a rookie qb to give them more time to Tepper.

this isn’t smart. I think both those two qbs can be good in the right situations but they can’t be rushed onto the field which is what will probably happen here behind a suspect line. We really botched this.

Also side note: last time Pitt won 11 games was with Dan Marino. 

imagine if the saints draft their franchise QB only one season post Brees when the panthers have spent multiple screwing around while delaying the inevitable.

still mind boggling that a team could pass on a franchise QB in the draft with a need at QB.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

Sliding already means a defender can’t do much more than tap you without giving up an additional 15 yards so I really don’t like faking it. That’s honestly ridiculous 

Agreed. It should be like a fair catch. If you start the motion you are down. It is kind of bitch move as mentioned above. Basically make the defenders have to stop before you start running again because you’d have gotten hit hard if you kept running.

  • Pie 3
  • Beer 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't actually see the fake slide as much different than pretending to head out of bounds, but my or others' opinion of it isn't the point.

The thing for me is that if a Panther quarterback scored a winning touchdown in a big game while pulling a stunt like that, I kinda doubt a huge chorus of Panther fans would be crying foul, calling it a "b-tch move" or screaming that the result should be reversed.

Over the years, I've seen Panthers players pull plenty of stunts that would have provoked righteous outrage had somebody else pulled them on us. But if one of our guys do it, then it's generally "heh heh, looks like we got away with one there".

Part of being a sports fan is you check your hypocrisy at the door.

Edited by Mr. Scot
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

38 minutes ago, Growl said:

imagine if the saints draft their franchise QB only one season post Brees when the panthers have spent multiple screwing around while delaying the inevitable.

still mind boggling that a team could pass on a franchise QB in the draft with a need at QB.

 

The way they’ve handled the qb position gets most staffs fired. It’s that bad. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I don't actually see the fake slide as much different than pretending to head out of bounds, but my or others' opinion of it isn't the point.

The thing for me is that if a Panther quarterback scored a winning touchdown in a big game while pulling a stunt like that, I kinda doubt a huge chorus of Panther fans would be crying foul, calling it a "b-tch move" or screaming that the result should be reversed.

Over the years, I've seen Panthers players pull plenty of stunts that would have provoked righteous outrage had somebody else pulled them on us. But if one of our guys do it, then it's generally "heh heh, looks like we got away with one there".

Part of being a sports fan is you check your hypocrisy at the door.

except that the rule states that once a QB starts the slide, defenders MUST pull up. since it states that directly, the fake slide should be considered the start of an actual slide and the play is over.

  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Mother Grabber said:

except that the rule states that once a QB starts the slide, defenders MUST pull up. since it states that directly, the fake slide should be considered the start of an actual slide and the play is over.

I promise you with 1000% certainty that if a qb did a fake slide in the nfl and then the next time he scamble, sliding or not multiple defenders would decapitate him penalty or not.  

  • Pie 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I promise you with 1000% certainty that if a qb did a fake slide in the nfl and then the next time he scamble, sliding or not multiple defenders would decapitate him penalty or not.  

And they'd be morons, as would any coach who would encourage or tolerate a stunt like that.

Doing that sort of thing would result in definite penalties, possible ejections, likely fines and quite conceivable suspensions.

Only an absolute dumbass would justifying those potential consequences as a reasonable response to a "b-tch move".

  • Pie 1
  • Poo 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

And they'd be morons, as would any coach who would encourage or tolerate a stunt like that.

Doing that sort of thing would result in definite penalties, possible ejections, likely fines and quite conceivable suspensions.

Only an absolute dumbass would justifying those potential consequences as a reasonable response to a "b-tch move".

be that as it may you will never see a nfl qb "fake slide" for that exact reason

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...