• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rhule: Cam holding ball too long

UNCrules2187

i member when sam was the qb and it was all on him..now its the o line fault...btw i always contended it was the o lines fault even when same was in..i just find it funny how the blame changes when cam is behind center with some on here...tom brady in his prime could not win behind this o line

Edited by tgrfan01
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, tgrfan01 said:

i member when sam was the qb and it was all on him..now its the o line fault...btw i always contended it was the o lines fault even when same was in..i just find it funny how the blame changes when cam is behind center with some on here...tom brady in his prime could not win behind this o line

The blame goes to the head coach. That shouldn’t change.  

Just now, BIGH2001 said:

Which is where Sam Darnold and PJ walker should be as well. But Rhule isn’t throwing them under the bus. 

He did throw Sam under the bus though.  In the end none of the qbs on the roster are the long term solution, but if you lump Cam in that generalized statement then half of the huddle flips out.  Our current situation is horrible for the qb.  Any qb.  They have all looked bad for lots of reasons.  I still dont think the answer is on the roster.

• Poo 1

1 minute ago, ECUPantherFan said:

Cam has ALWAYS held the ball too long.

Cam holding the ball too long isn’t the problem.

Holding on to the ball too long with a bad oline,  the Bill's sending a lot of CB blitzes and Cam not being as mobile as he used to is a totally different thing than young Cam holding on to the ball too long.  It's the same as his throwing late.  He used to have the lazer arm to make up for it and now sometimes his shoulder cant quite do it the same so late throws are a bigger problem than they used to be when he could make up for it.   All young Cam's biggest strengths were strengths that dont traditionally age well and that's unfortunate.

9 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

He did throw Sam under the bus though.  In the end none of the qbs on the roster are the long term solution, but if you lump Cam in that generalized statement then half of the huddle flips out.  Our current situation is horrible for the qb.  Any qb.  They have all looked bad for lots of reasons.  I still dont think the answer is on the roster.

Not really. Sort of half-heartedly after weeks of terrible performances. 

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, BIGH2001 said:

Not really. Sort of half-heartedly after weeks of terrible performances. 

Well we were 3-0 so there was no point then.  He had 4 tds in the week 4 loss and then after that he definitely said multiple times they needed more from the QB and they couldnt win with qb play like that.  This is looking for drama for dramas sake.   Everyone wants to blame Rhule for everything (and he definitely deserves some of it) and Cam is a hometown hero and panthers darling.  No matter what anyone says or who's feelings get hurt hes still not the future at the position.   Hes the best panthers qb of all time but hes not that on the field now.

• Beer 1