• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rhule should be one of four head coaches to see early Black Monday

NAS

59 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I just can't imagine Tepper doubling down on Rhule after this season.  If he's not convinced he made a mistake after this abomination I fear this is just the beginning of a spiral into darkness the likes of which we haven't seen...ever.

If he does we may need to start rooting for the team to be relocated to give Charlotte a chance at a fresh NFL start.

• Beer 2
  • Flames 1

Totally agree that Urban being a once in decade type shitshow that there are no words for has really aided Rhule.   In a normal year, Rhule’s clown show would be being blasted all over the nation.  Could probably throw Gruden and the pandemic in there too.  So many things you just don’t see often are aiding Rhule and keeping his name out of people’s mouths.  

He has been a joke.   And what a joke he became clear this past off-season.  Probably a decent dude.  But he is clearly in over his head.   We don’t have the years to give him to learn all the on the job training he clearly needs at this level.  

Matt Rhule belongs in the Big East 

• Flames 1

3 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

When you're rebuilding, "rough" is expected. The first season was rough, and if the second season stopped at "rough", I'd still be okay with it.

But rebuilding also indicates you're improving, and we haven't done that this year. In fact, we seem to be going backward.

That I'm not okay with.

This. This is why the fans want Rhule gone. The team overall hasn't improved this season at all. For all the "improvements" the defense supposedly made, they all seem to be coming undone at the end of the season. Tampa is going to drop 40+ on this team twice. New Orleans beating them last week assures that they will have to beat the Panthers twice. 

It's going to be an ugly season's end. No one is on board for struggling to win 5 games every year.

• Pie 1

Just now, hepcat said:

This. This is why the fans want Rhule gone. The team overall hasn't improved this season at all. For all the "improvements" the defense supposedly made, they all seem to be coming undone at the end of the season. Tampa is going to drop 40+ on this team twice. New Orleans beating them last week assures that they will have to beat the Panthers twice. 

It's going to be an ugly season's end. No one is on board for struggling to win 5 games every year.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Yep. We all could see the writing on the wall after the Cowboys took the Panthers defense collective pants off and beat their bare bottoms cherry read in all facets of the game. The blueprint had been laid. College style stunts and tricks to fill gaps doesn't work.

Maybe Snow is doing this style because of a lack of size in the front 4. There's a notable lack of talent at LB. Keeping a known run stopping LB like Denzel Perryman, if he'd wanted to play for the Panthers (still not sure why he even signed a contract with this team) would have helped the run D.  

But now here we sit with a team that is no better than in 2020. I'd even argue the roster is in worse condition. What is better? The secondary? 

I've already accepted that Rhule might get one more season out of Tepper, and that regardless of who is coaching next season it is going to be a struggle as it just doesn't seem likely to fix all of the team's issue in an offseason they've already committed resources towards. 😕

5 minutes ago, Icege said:

I've already accepted that Rhule might get one more season out of Tepper, and that regardless of who is coaching next season it is going to be a struggle as it just doesn't seem likely to fix all of the team's issue in an offseason they've already committed resources towards. 😕

This team is more than a competent coaching staff away from being regular playoff attendees.  Fans need to accept that. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

This team is more than a competent coaching staff away from being regular playoff attendees.  Fans need to accept that. 

Yuuup. Get ready for last year to happen again.

It's increasingly becoming obvious that at this point the best case scenario for the team is getting an NFL level coaching staff in place to keep the wheels on while guiding and developing the team through it all. I don't want to see a HOU situation where the team is basically thrown away for a year, but this isn't like CHI either where they have talent on both sides of the ball. The offense is in the same place the defense was last season, but the defense is still underperforming as well.

• Beer 2