• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sam Darnold likely starting again for last few games

Saca312

14 minutes ago, Waldo said:

It makes it all so much easier to boo. I can't wait to see it hit rock bottom.

The best I can hope for at this point is Sam will want to retire before next year.

Despite what we've seen and heard so far regarding Fhule's job security, I can tell Tepper takes it personally when the stadium is overrun with opposing fans and the few home fans that show up boo as Fhule's team sloppily flunks and fails at every facet of the game and it snowballs...  I'm really hoping outside of Cam having a few more good plays where is honored and celebrated in what may be his final home game at BOA (I hope he is brought back though), the crowd is absolutely unbearable - much like Fhule's "brand" and coaching - and that pushes him to make the move before next week.

• Beer 4
  • Flames 1

6 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Despite what we've seen and heard so far regarding Fhule's job security, I can tell Tepper takes it personally when the stadium is overrun with opposing fans and the few home fans that show up boo as Fhule's team sloppily flunks and fails at every facet of the game and it snowballs...  I'm really hoping outside of Cam having a few more good plays where is honored and celebrated in what may be his final home game at BOA (I hope he is brought back though), the crowd is absolutely unbearable - much like Fhule's "brand" and coaching - and that pushes him to make the move before next week.

I hope you are right.

What I fear is an organization stuffed with incompetence that will rally around Rhule to keep the statis quo for another year of worse Pantherball.

Fingers crossed

• Pie 2

16 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Fatt Fhule lol

• Flames 1

21 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

I've said it repeatedly, and I am the biggest Cam guy out there, but I acknowledge he is not what he was in 2015, and he never will be, because a huge part of what made him so incredible was not just the threat to run, but the cannon to flick it 80 yards downfield effortlessly.  He still is the running threat that he was, buy the arm is obviously what changed with the shoulder injury...  but he still has plenty enough arm to be a Top 15 QB in a functional, effective offense.  The problem is, this offense is anything but that.  

And in saying all of that, I still respectfully disagree with your take here.  The offense had hit a point where we were struggling to move the ball AT ALL with Sam before his injury.  Again, we went an entire game with him not gaining a single first down.  If you compare the picks they have thrown, a) Sam has double what Cam has (albeit I know with a few more games played), and b) there are picks that Sam threw  where there was absolutely no explanation for what he was looking at or attempting to do.  All of Cam's were almost exclusively the result of poor playcalling and you could see what was being attempted, it just wasn't there.  With Cam, the offense, even as dysfunctional as it is, the ball moves.  With Sam, he had reached the absolute doldrums of worst passer to ever throw a specific number of passing attempts in the history of the league before his injury...  With Cam in there, you can tell he is at least reading the defense and reacting to it.  Sam has no idea what he's looking at, does not read or process anything except fear, and he plays accordingly...  and whether Cam was back here or not, that would still be my evaluation of Sam.  He is a fringe backup QB if he stays in the league, but no team should waste any more time trying to tap into his "potential" as a starter.  There is none.  He is what he is and always will be. 

So again, even considering Cam is no longer what he was, he is still plenty good enough, and he is still better than Sam, and it's not even close.  That being said, they're all going to look worse than they should because this staff and offense fuging blows.

Even assuming you can argue that Sam is marginally better the difference isn’t enough to justify not letting Cam finish out the year or at least play out his final home game. The moron acts like he’s got Dan Marino coming off the injured list in time to make a push for the division title. No one wants to see fuging darnold any more than they want to see Rhule back for another season. Easily the most hated coach in panthers history and I would argue one of the most hated in NC sports history.

• Pie 6
  • Flames 1