• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Draft position now #6

hepcat

Seattle, with no first rounder, plays Detroit in Seattle this weekend.  They have no incentive to tank and should win that game.

The Bears and Giants play Sunday.  The Giants (4-11) have a stronger SOS.  If they win, the move behind us.  If the Bears win, the stay behind us. 

If we lose out, we should be picking around 6th, barring a miracle upset frenzy ignited by wins from other 4-win teams.

Tampa Bay has had a flurry of injuries of late and they may rest starters week 18.  We have to lose to their bench and special teamers.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, stbugs said:

Yep, but it’s not likely that Houston wins 2 (they have a way lower SOS already) or the Jets and Giants win 1. Seattle is more of a worry and kind of Chicago. I think both win this week but if their SOS goes up, it keeps us at 6 in case we pull an upset. WFT isn’t a danger and everyone else has 2 more wins. 

Looking now at 6 if we wanted to we probably would have the first crack at a qb unless the Giants pick one ahead of us.  I still will say this draft doesnt warrant a qb going in the top half of the draft

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

After reviewing the draft holy hell Philly can really do themselves a big favor with 3 firsts and the Jets have 2 in the top 7.  You could literally change the complexion of your defense or offense with those picks

Or you could trade down to get six 3rd's and three 4th's. That's what we would do.

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Looking now at 6 if we wanted to we probably would have the first crack at a qb unless the Giants pick one ahead of us.  I still will say this draft doesnt warrant a qb going in the top half of the draft

I'm torn about Pitt QB Kenny Pickett.

He looks like a good (but not great) prospect.  And the Panthers desperately need a competent starter at that position. 

But the LT talent at the top of this draft is just exceptional.  Not only would the team get a good starter there (which is crucial) but that would also push Christensen (and his stubby arms) to LG  - which the team has been saying all along was his best pro position.  So a double win.  

Just now, stbugs said:

Hopefully, we take the #2 tackle. I’d think it’s likely the two DEs, Hamilton and Stingley go before us so we either pick tackle 2 or have the spot people want to trade up to for the first QB.

I keep asking but what team behind us is going to give us over the top value for us to trade back so that they can pick a QB?

Wash and ATL can sit tight and still get their guy, maybe Cleveland but I doubt they want to start over with a rookie and give up valuable draft capital

So the steelers look like the only reasonable bidder and they are at 16.  So what do we get for dropping back, their 2022 first and second and their 2023 first?   Would you really do that?