• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"It's working, you just can't see it"

Mr. Scot

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

True.

The one good thing I see is that Rhule did not get assurance from Tepper that he'd be back next season.

There seems to be at least a possibility that Tepper could be weighing options.

Yeah, it is looking increasingly likely Tepper is keeping the Rhule for 2022.  However, there is still a small glimmer of hope (as long as Dave doesn't provide a public statement in support of Matt).  Tepper may have simply decided any announcement about Matt's future could cause disruptions within the organization he'd rather avoid.  Tepper may simply be biding his time till this season is completed before dropping the axe on Rhule.  

With that said, chances are increasingly likely Rhule gets a third year despite his 1000 percent invisible team building progress.

• Pie 2

23 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

It would be poetic justice if Dave Tepper ends up praising Matt Rhule just before he fires him.

“I’m really looking forward to being the owner of a Matt Rhule-coached Panthers squad in 2022!”

(Hands Rhule his pink-slip the next day)

Yeah, that’s the stuff dreams are made of but, unfortunately, ain’t gonna happen. 😞

5 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

“I’m really looking forward to being the owner of a Matt Rhule-coached Panthers squad in 2022!”

(Hands Rhule his pink-slip the next day)

Yeah, that’s the stuff dreams are made of but, unfortunately, ain’t gonna happen. 😞

Chances of a happy ending for Panthers fans seem to be dwindling. 

Tepper may turn out to be the Grinch who stole Christmas.

Starting to make a list of all the things I'll be able to do in 2022 with my free time on Sundays.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

16 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Yeah, it is looking increasingly likely Tepper is keeping the Rhule for 2022.  However, there is still a small glimmer of hope (as long as Dave doesn't provide a public statement in support of Matt).  Tepper may have simply decided any announcement about Matt's future could cause disruptions within the organization he'd rather avoid.  Tepper may simply be biding his time till this season is completed before dropping the axe on Rhule.  

With that said, chances are increasingly likely Rhule gets a third year despite his 1000 percent invisible team building progress.

It has occurred to me that we only have ryhules word on this.

(not that I think he's outright lying or anything, but still...)

2 hours ago, CarolinaRideorDie said:

Tepper hired Rhule because his wife made good meatballs during their meeting in Texas! That's the only rational reason I can come up with. 

Hmmmm! Now that we have learned that meatballs are Teppers weakness and possible  Achilles Heel, maybe we can keep him stuffed with them, allowing us to show him  how a  football team should be built because it's obvious to one and all the present plan is not working.

• Flames 1

The sad truth is that Matt Rhule doesn't actually have to be good at his job in order to keep it.

He just has to be able to fool David Tepper into thinking that he's good.

And if we've learned anything from Marty Hurney, Ron Rivera and Rhule, it's that David Tepper can very easily be fooled.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

Whatever he thinks is working and we just can't see is probably what worked at Temple and Baylor. It's fine for college but it doesn't work in the NFL as shown by his record.

His view is distorted because he knows this is the same recipe that worked for him before, it just hasnt translated. In reality, it never will because it just isn't good enough or works the same in the NFL. Fire him now.

• Pie 2

https://nypost.com/2021/12/27/the-giants-alternate-reality-doesnt-look-much-better/

LOL...Rhule and Judge saying the same thing...we are better you just can't see it.

[Judge]..He continues to insist it takes time to build something meaningful and increasingly is acknowledging that the gains he feels he is making with the Giants are concealed behind the scenes. Winning games is certainly not part of the equation right now.

After this past Sunday’s 32-6 thrashing by the Buccaneers, Rhule made a curious analogy as he, like Judge, preaches that the situation is more optimistic than it appears to anyone on the outside looking in.

“I believe it’s 1,000-percent working,” Rhule said. “I just know no one can see it and I apologize. 

• Flames 1

11 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

https://nypost.com/2021/12/27/the-giants-alternate-reality-doesnt-look-much-better/

LOL...Rhule and Judge saying the same thing...we are better you just can't see it.

It doesn't (or at least shouldn't) take "years" to rebuild a team. If it does it's never going to win a championship.

The right hire choosing the right players will get a bad team winning in two and a championship in 3 or 4. 

• Beer 1