• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Could this team beat the 2001 or 2010 teams?

KillerKat

Which is worse?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Which is worse?

• 2001 Panthers
    • 2010 Panthers
    • 2021 Panthers

1 hour ago, PandaMan said:

I think recency bias is robbing us of how historically pathetic that 2010 team was.  We never scored more than 23 points a game that year.  To me, that’s the worst team in Panthers history  

That was the worst point differential per game in franchise history. This team is tracking top five. I will point out that the 2019 team was far worse in that category.

I will also point out Rhule has the worst point differential for any Panthers coach in their first two years as coach and and the second worst two year span in franchise history.

Edited by kungfoodude

1 minute ago, Ricky Spanish said:

I think 2021 would beat 2010 based on 2021's defense. 

Our defense this year is legit, our offense is just hot garbage. Our defense in 2010 was hot garbage so I think even Darnold and the ghost of Cam Newton could put up points on them. 

Pickles couldn't beat this defense. 

Our defense this year is overhyped to an extent. I think they have trouble with the 2010 OL(Gross, Wharton, Kalil, Schwartz, Williams) and Williams/Stewart. We definitely would struggle to pass on them but do we have the horses to adequately slow down the rushing attack the 2010 team could muster? How about TO's? 2010 team was -8 in TO's but also forced 29 on the year. 2021 is at -9 with a paltry 16 TO's forced.

I think it comes down to coaching and I am gonna take John Fox to be able to dial up a plan to exploit the 2021 teams biggest weaknesses. 

It's an interesting thing to think about.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Carl Spackler said:

2001 team wins 17-6, 2010 team wins 6-3.

But don’t worry, the 2022 team will make the 2008 Lions look like the 1972 Dolphins.

Longest losing streak in NFL history will eventually belong to Tepper.  Hope he’s proud of it. 

I think the offseason will determine what our ceiling is. If we draft well and make smart signings, we will probably start hot yet again, only to watch as the NFL adjusts immediately to any new wrinkle and beat us to death with our obvious roster flaws.

Or you could see more bad signings/trades(Darnold, Erving, Elflein, etc) and poor drafting. If we see an exodus of talent in free agency(DJack, Gilmore, Jones, Reddick, etc) to go with that or the obvious signs of good free agents avoiding us, the bottom may be another 1-3 win campaign. 

19 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I think the offseason will determine what our ceiling is. If we draft well and make smart signings, we will probably start hot yet again, only to watch as the NFL adjusts immediately to any new wrinkle and beat us to death with our obvious roster flaws.

Or you could see more bad signings/trades(Darnold, Erving, Elflein, etc) and poor drafting. If we see an exodus of talent in free agency(DJack, Gilmore, Jones, Reddick, etc) to go with that or the obvious signs of good free agents avoiding us, the bottom may be another 1-3 win campaign. 

Rhule and Fitterer can’t draft. They had all those picks and not one single impact player came out of the whole thing. Got a decent RB2 and a CB2 who couldn’t stay on the field, plus a slew of XFL-caliber players. 

The 2021 draft will go down as one of the two or three worst in franchise history — basically 2011, if there was no Cam