• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Draft question...

WOW!!

2 minutes ago, Cdparr7 said:

If we get Cross or Neal -BC needs to slide his ass right over to Guard. 

If we get a high enough pick, we can easily get Charles Cross top 10, pick up extra picks. Get C in the 2nd or 3rd and get a decent Guard in FA and be set.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/all/guard//

Fa guard list is okay.. Who can we afford??

46 minutes ago, stbugs said:

We can’t get the best C with a trade down and Green (best G as far as I can tell) might also be gone assuming we drop far enough to have 3 picks in rounds 1 and 2. Top 2/3 G and top 2/3 C seems more possible.

Personally, put me in the LT camp. I don’t think BC is anywhere close to the top 3, so I’d rather tell him work on LG. Then I’d use my 2022 day 3 and 2023 day 2 picks on C/G. 2022 is a lost season. Darnold is going to be the QB and we’ve traded away our 2nd, 3rd and 4th so we aren’t bringing in a lot of new talent and hopefully we try to get our comp picks instead of again throwing away FA money on a 5 win team. Our OL matters more in 2023 than 2022, but a LT, Moton and BC plus day 3 OL could be serviceable. 

Our Oline matter both years.. You need them to play together and gell right?? You don't want to go into 2023 with a Oline who hasn't play together.. 2022 is very important if you want to have success in 2023.. Atleast put us into position to show Fa QBS or new coaches that we have Atleast a foundation of a Oline that they can work with..

Son, my ding dong would pop like a tick if this happened.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/cam-mellors-2022-nfl-mock-draft-broncos-trade-up-for-matt-corral/

7) Denver Broncos: Matt Corral, QB, Ole Miss

Trade: Denver sends picks 11 and 42 in the 2022 NFL Draft and a 2023 first-rounder to Carolina in exchange for the Panthers’ No. 7 overall selection in 2022.

11) Carolina Panthers: Charles Cross, OT, Mississippi State

Trade: Carolina receives picks 11 and 42 in the 2022 NFL Draft and a 2023 first-rounder from the Denver Broncos in exchange for pick No. 7 in the 2022 NFL Draft.

• Pie 4
  • The D 2

1 hour ago, WOW!! said:

You can start a thread bitching about it.. While you look for your new team to support..

I can remember the two days that convinced to do that.  I was on edge when they didn't try to get Greg Roman, and that last April was the final straw, when I was screaming the first round draft Mac Jones!!!

So Rhule played everyone except BC at left tackle until it's too late to really have a proper evaluation on him. He played ok when he got time, but we have no idea if that's because he'd be better with more snaps or worse with more film for defenses to attack his weaknesses. Thanks to Rhule he's basically a rookie again next year

• Pie 1

The Panthers have taught me that no position on the oline is more important than any other. It's just that some are more difficult to find higher level talent. And this team has low level talent everywhere except RT. If they could come out of the draft with high-level rookies at RG, LG and C, I would much rather that scenario than just a LT. Heck, a young Trent Williams wouldn't be enough to fix fiasco. Guards can not get bull rushed into the QB as often as ours do. Just unacceptable...

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

10 hours ago, stbugs said:

Rookie OL start every year. McCoy or Jenkins, my wants over Little, started day 1. Slater, Humphrey and Smith started day 1 this year. Tons more examples as those are just 5 that we should have drafted.

FA QBs? Been there, done that, we aren’t getting a stud FA QB. You asked and I answered. We can’t trade down and get the top G and top C so I’d rather get a top LT and use day 3 to keep drafting OL to maybe hit on a Smith who we should have drafted instead of a poo long snapper.

If BC works out that’s 3 spots and then the rest of 2022 draft/good C/G in day 2 2023 should get us a solid OL. If we save cap space in 2022 to rollover then we can also afford a solid vet G, not one coming off severe injuries, in 2023 as well.

No new coach is going say, oh no, I can’t coach here because they’ve got two great bookend tackles and ai might have to get 1 or 2 more IOL. They’d be psyched to have the hardest part solved and just need to fill out the interior already having BC, Brown and 2-3 Day 3 2022 picks including a very early 4th rounder.

If a coach turns us down it going to be because we don't have a QB, not because of the OL.

40 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Well no, they could turns us down for either.  Jeez

If you have a quality QB a prospective coach could care less about the OL when deciding to take the job.

but 

if you have great OL and no QB you might get turned down.

Most coaches probably feel confident they can fix an Oline.  Either with draft picks and/or FA dollars.  You can't say the same about QBs, there is some luck in getting a franchise QB.

Edited by AU-panther
add