• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anyone still trust Tepper at this point?

Mr. Scot

30 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

I disagree so much with this mantra.

You can make mistakes, no doubt....but to be fooled, that's differnet.

He was bamboozled by one of the worst GM's of the last 3 decades, and a college coach from a non powerhouse.

That's not just making mistakes, that's all but intentionally sinking your business.  If this were an actual business, the stock price would be tumbling.

This is one of my biggest concerns.

Tepper has shown he can be very easily fooled into thinking guys are way better suited to their jobs than they really are.

That's scary.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

26 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

In the end, I don't think Tepper has made many right decisions here. He seems more interested in investing money into the team, the amenities, the surrounding areas to those amenities and a frikkin' soccer team.

What he isn't investing, it appears, is much time or intellect into understanding the fan base or professional football. In short, he's a modern billionaire... he knows how to reap profits, but doesn't really care about planting the seeds for tomorrow's harvest.

I believe you are right.  Well said.

• Pie 2

I think keeping Rhule will be the final straw for most folks here, including myself.  You can only be bullsh!tted by a bullsh!t artist for so long.  Either that or Tepper just doesn't want to own up to his huge blunder and is doubling down in hopes to prove himself right and everyone else wrong.  We keep beating a dead horse, but you don't give college coach unproven in the NFL a 7-year deal with complete control.  That was beyond moronic.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

31 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

Dave let’s football people be football people and he made a mistake but alas it can be fixed.

See, this is absolutely a good practice (best practice, even) but there's a caveat...

You have to put the right football people in place.

Jerry Richardson's biggest failing (besides being a creep) was that he just about always put his faith in the wrong people, primarily Marty of course but not limited to Marty.

So far, Tepper seems to have the same problem.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1

I know we as fans don't bear the weight of responsibility of having to actually carry out the poo we scream out from week to week - like firing people.  And often times, we just do it to express an emotion, knowing we don't expect it to happen or believe that it should, but rather just to reflect our feelings about something in the moment.  I know I do it.  I think we all do at various points, and more often than not, don't mean it...

That being said, even while operating with that in mind, this was one of those times where we do mean it, and we have every right to.  And as such, this was the one big measuring stick for me about Tepper.  I won't hold him accountable for being methodical and measured with what he inherited, although maybe those parties didn't deserve that amount of consideration.  For example, I wanted him to can Ron as soon as he got here and bring in a GM to at least work alongside Hurney from the beginning...  but, I understood being prudent.  He didnt want to seem impulsive.  I get it.

But, again, Rhule was his choice.  And so, this decision was where my accountability for him truly started, and if he is indeed leaving him employed, he has failed miserably...  and its not looking good for the future if this is his process and approach.  We have a coach and staff who are failing miserably at their jobs, with no signs of any progress whatsoever.  Nothing to hang your hat on moving forward.  The only thing delineating Rhule from Meyer is that Meyer physically assaulted a player...  and thats a pretty low bar to have to hit to maintain employment.  

• Flames 1

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Those of you wanting McDaniels... careful what you wish for. His Broncos stint was a dumpster fire. Rampant organizational distinction. He's not a head coach.

To be fair, he was probably the true best option in our last hiring cycle, and yes I would take him over Matt Rhule.

But I believe there are definitely better choices available to us.