• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This is Fatt Fhule's Idea of a Franchise QB

Proudiddy

3 minutes ago, Borat said:

Not really, but still a chance for Panther fans to see Cam in the uniform before he rides off into the sunset. 

I'm never a fan of making football decisions for non-football reasons.

That said, I don't trust Matt Rhule's decision making anyway, so I don't really care all that much.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1

15 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'm never a fan of making football decisions for non-football reasons.

That said, I don't trust Matt Rhule's decision making anyway, so I don't really care all that much.

I think you can make a non-football decision when 1) the season’s already over and 2) the choice is between 64/26 and 70/35 QB rating and QBR, respectively. It’s kind of a toss-up, output-wise, and there isn’t much on the line. 

5 minutes ago, Borat said:

I think you can make a non-football decision when 1) the season’s already over and 2) the choice is between 64/26 and 70/35 QB rating and QBR, respectively. It’s kind of a toss-up, output-wise, and there isn’t much on the line. 

There is for Rhule.

Hence, I'd wager the primary factor in this decision is what has the best chance of saving Rhule's ass.

Did he make the right choice? Don't know, but he rarely does, so...

6 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

There is for Rhule.

Hence, I'd wager the primary factor in this decision is what has the best chance of saving Rhule's ass.

Did he make the right choice? Don't know, but he rarely does, so...

Yeah that’s fair. Were I in his shoes, I would have gone for similar productivity + feel good factor, which you get with Cam. But then again, I’d be a far worse HC than Rhule.

I will be rooting for Darnold. Good kid and has had some tough breaks. Hopefully he auditions well.

1 minute ago, Borat said:

Yeah that’s fair. Were I in his shoes, I would have gone for similar productivity + feel good factor, which you get with Cam. But then again, I’d be a far worse HC than Rhule.

I will be rooting for Darnold. Good kid and has had some tough breaks. Hopefully he auditions well.

Darnold is a lot like Ron Rivera for me. Super nice guy but not really known to be good at his job.

Can he be coached up? Don't know, but I do know the current staff aren't the ones to develop anybody, so again...

39 minutes ago, Borat said:

Who cares about phucking feel good factor?

Feelings don't matter. Ever.

What matters is what gets us closer to a Superbowl in the next 20 years period.

I don't give a schit if that's Sam Cam or Zombie Osama Bin Laden.

Whatever and whoever it takes.

7 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Not so sure that's accurate. We scored in the last quarter of the Falcons game and Darnold played in that quarter. Heck, just two weeks prior we scored a few against the Vikes.

Went to the Instagram account that posted that pic to see. Looks like it's not there anymore.

I mean, heaven knows there's criticisms to be made of Darnold but it can be done without getting the facts wrong.

Not fully accurate, but close enough to make a point. Sam played in the 4th quarter of the ATL game, but they scored the TD after he got knocked out of the game with injury. He didn’t play in the first quarter Sunday either… but no TDs against TB, NE, ATL (while he was in) and the giants (although I think Walker played the entire 4th). Vikings game was the week before the giants.

14 hours ago, Catsfan69 said:

Who cares about phucking feel good factor?

Feelings don't matter. Ever.

What matters is what gets us closer to a Superbowl in the next 20 years period.

I don't give a schit if that's Sam Cam or Zombie Osama Bin Laden.

Whatever and whoever it takes.

When the “what gets us closer to a Super Bowl” factor is a wash, I’d start looking for other deciding factors. Fans love Cam.