• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rank the 2022 QB Draft Class

*FreeFua*

43 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Howell certainly doesn't look any better than Darnold.  I was disappointed in how he played today.  But that was the first full game I've watched of his.  UNC's offense looks a lot like the Panthers offense. 

Wouldn’t put that all on Howell…UNC OL is just awful

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

That is easy to say but plenty of college QB's play behind porous OL's. They don't make those passes.

And this is a dude that is HIGHLY likely to be playing behind a porous OL if he gets drafted top 15.

Nah, I'm good. Don't hate the kid but he id a Day Two pick to me. I love him in the third but not above that.

It’s not easy to say… it’s an actual fact.
It’s not just a bad OL, it’s a horrible OL.

Liberty gave up 52 sacks this year (the second most in all of college football).

Unless he’s selected by the Panthers he won’t see that type of OL play.

So you couple the fact that he lost his #1 receiver before the season started with the fact that he played behind the second worst OL in all of college football.. I think that makes what he accomplished pretty impressive.

I’m putting it out there right now that if he improves his passing game in the intermediate routes then he’ll be a very good player.

He simply played hero ball (which resulted in poor mistakes) out of necessity, not because he’s a poor thinker or bad at reading routes.

Sure 

1. Malik Willis 
2. Kenny Pickett 
3. Desmond Ridder
4. Sam Howell
5. Matt Corral

I would be comfortable taking any of the first four within the top 10.  I have more reservations about Corral's upside vs floor. 

Edited by Verge
  • Pie 1

3 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Liberty gave up 52 sacks this year (the second most in all of college football).

So you couple the fact that he lost his #1 receiver before the season started with the fact that he played behind the second worst OL in all of college football.. I think that makes what he accomplished pretty impressive.

I’m putting it out there right now that if he improves his passing game in the intermediate routes then he’ll be a very good player.

He simply played hero ball (which resulted in poor mistakes) out of necessity, not because he’s a poor thinker or bad at reading routes.

You have sold yourself on Willis…thats fine and some team will probably do the same.

Will say this about Howell…he walked on campus and UNC overnight became a very dangerous offensive team.  He did it over a few years too.  There is something there and if he improves significantly he will put up crazy numbers.

4 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Yeah but he wasn't too dissimilar in 2020. 

Love his skillset but his bust potential is just so insanely high. Most of these small school to NFL successes don't show the flaws he does. 

As I said, you give me a #1 pick in the 3rd and I am sprinting to the podium.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Verge said:

Sure 

1. Malik Willis 
2. Kenny Pickett 
3. Sam Howell
4. Desmond Ridder
5. Matt Corral

I would be comfortable taking any of the first four within the top 10.  I have more reservations about Corral's upside vs floor. 

No concerns about Willis as a passer?  Very interesting putting him up top

11 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

yep, its insanity to think we are going to make another bad trade to try and make up for the original bad trade.  Both my brain and my gut are screaming at me that no team is going to give us fair value for pick 6/7.   If it happens I can see Pitt moving up from the mid teens and giving us their 2nd and next years first.  Thats not worth it IMO

I may be in the minority, but if I were a GM there’s no way I’d move up to from the mid teens to number 6/7 and give Carolina this years number 1, this year’s number 2, and a number 1 in 2023 for a QB in this draft class. I’d feel like I’d been robbed. If we’re expecting a any team’s first round pick in 2023 I think we may end up being disappointed.

• Pie 1

Just now, Shocker said:

No concerns about Willis as a passer?  Very interesting putting him up top

Everyone in this class has their issues. Accuracy is a little overstated given the talent level around him. I view it similarly to Josh Allen coming out. He certainly has the biggest physical upside out of anyone. 

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, CatalystNX said:

1. Kenny Pickett
2. Matt Coral
3. Desmond Ridder
4. Sam Howell
5. Carson Strong

I wouldn't consider Carson Strong in the 1st round.

I think Pickett is clearly the most NFL ready, but IMO Willis and Ridder have the most upside. I'd rank them.

1. Pickett

2. Coral

3. Howell

4. Ridder

5. Strong

6. Willis

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Shocker said:

You have sold yourself on Willis…thats fine and some team will probably do the same.

Will say this about Howell…he walked on campus and UNC overnight became a very dangerous offensive team.  He did it over a few years too.  There is something there and if he improves significantly he will put up crazy numbers.

For what it’s worth, I like Howell as well. Like Willis, Howell played behind statistically one of the top 10 worst OL’s in all of college football.

Howell for me has some of the same cons as Willis, he sometimes makes poor decisions when he’s failed by his OL. I also don’t think Howell’s deep ball progressed from last year like I thought it would but that could be due to losing Brown and Newsome. Where I really like Howell is in the intermediate routes (unlike Willis).

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, Verge said:

Sure 

1. Malik Willis 
2. Kenny Pickett 
3. Sam Howell
4. Desmond Ridder
5. Matt Corral

Agreed, except I have Howell in front of Pickett because I’m unsure if Pickett truly had a Burrow type progression or if he took advantage of a horrible ACC. His previous years leave a lot to be desired.

32 minutes ago, Verge said:

Everyone in this class has their issues. Accuracy is a little overstated given the talent level around him. I view it similarly to Josh Allen coming out. He certainly has the biggest physical upside out of anyone. 

Willis and Allen are apples and oranges.  By physical upside I guess you mean athleticism but Allen has a cannon and size etc.  Not seeing it as a comparison.  Willis IMO will need a few years to develop but I don’t see it.  He can’t be Lamar Jackson.  Too small.  I mean his awareness and ability to read a pro defense is a complete unknown.  He isn’t a risk worth taking at all IMO.  I mean at all in the draft.

All these things will take shape as we get closer to the draft but I seriously think Howell could rise to #1 on the list.  Its a bad list but the guy has something different 

Edited by Shocker
  • Pie 1