• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Holy poo balls this is bad.

Zod

1 minute ago, CRA said:

Letting a lame duck HC draft a top 10 QB is pointless.   New HC should be able to pick his own QB if tasked with building up a team.   

If Rhule stays, GM should control the pick and it should be on the line. 

Based on what we've witnessed these last two years I seriously doubt there is anyone in the building qualified to draft the Panthers next QB.

Tepper needs to do a clean sweep.

• Beer 2

50 minutes ago, onmyown said:

Yes. They did it with Cam.

Eh, most know Cam is what he is at this point. 

in large part, the unspoken deal with bringing Cam back was to let us have a proper finish to his time here.  It was to appease us and let us ride out a disappointing season with Cam because of Rhule’s clusterfug.  The miracle playoff finish wasn’t the primary reason Tepper brought back Cam. 

and they didn’t follow through with that deal.   Because as soon as Rhule could squash what Tepper did, he did. 

• Pie 5

4 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

This was me before we drafted Peppers. I had casual interest in the Panthers as the local team but there was never anything to make me take the leap into full fledged fandom until we drafted Peppers out of UNC. Prior to that I was just a general NFL fan with favorite players more so than favorite teams and I'd basically just tune into the best game on at the time.

You would think as a Native North Carolinian that fandom would have started the instant the Panthers were conceived. 

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Silent Majority said:

Still doesn't translate to all areas. He is remedial regarding ownership/team management.

Exactly.  I know some hyper successful people….and they are frankly idiots in many aspects of life.   Especially some very common sense aspects.  Just clueless. 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

5 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm leaning more and more toward being done with the Panthers if Rhule is brought back. I mean DONE done. I've already watched my last Rhule coached Panthers game a couple weeks ago but bringing Rhule back for another year just shows me that Tepper is an insurmountable problem.

Well, bye. 

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

34 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Based on what we've witnessed these last two years I seriously doubt there is anyone in the building qualified to draft the Panthers next QB.

Tepper needs to do a clean sweep.

It’s so strange to me because last year we did actually have some games we had no business being in, but competed until the end.  Chiefs game for example.   If Teddy could make some better plays at the end of some games we could’ve been 7-9 or even 8-8.  But this year has been blunder after blunder after blunder.  Such a regression the likes of which I’ve never seen.  I thought Zac Taylor was in way over his head for Cincinnati, and he might still be, but he’s at least learning and improving and the Bengals are poised for a home playoff game.  We have gotten so much worse.  

• Pie 1

14 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

Why were you a lifelong Tarheel fan when you didn't go to the school?

Always planned to go until I spent more time in CH. Great place to spend an occasional weekend. Too big for me to want to spend four years of my life though. Then I got scholarship offers elsewhere and none from UNC and made a business decision. Still a fan. Same as how I've been a fan of the Panthers for nearly 20 years and yet you'd have to pay me NFL money to live in Charlotte.

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1

42 minutes ago, PandaMan said:

It’s so strange to me because last year we did actually have some games we had no business being in, but competed until the end.  Chiefs game for example.   If Teddy could make some better plays at the end of some games we could’ve been 7-9 or even 8-8.  But this year has been blunder after blunder after blunder.  Such a regression the likes of which I’ve never seen.  I thought Zac Taylor was in way over his head for Cincinnati, and he might still be, but he’s at least learning and improving and the Bengals are poised for a home playoff game.  We have gotten so much worse.  

As a Steelers fan, I unfortunately have to say Taylor is a good HC. 

• Pie 1

38 minutes ago, PandaMan said:

Yeah it did seem strange at first, then as Rhule's second season progressed, Teddy's parting comments started to resonate/ring true. 

TB was a fully developed NFL QB by the time he arrived in Charlotte and (unbeknownst to fans) likely overcame many of the shortcomings of this coaching staff.  Sam Darnold simply isn't capable of doing that.  Cam arrived at the 11th hour and there is only so much any QB could do after the Panthers offensive weaknesses were fully exposed to our opponents. 

• Pie 1