• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The handling of the Sam Darnold situation is one of the worst decisions in franchise history.

hepcat

1 minute ago, mav1234 said:

The Darnold trade was not good but I don't hate it. However, we gave him a totally poo line, didn't bring a vet qb presence in, etc etc. You laid it out perfectly why this was so very bad.

And the trade looks worse without our 3rd rounder too.

But you can’t look at the trade in a vacuum. All those other factors are very much important factors when deciding whether to make a trade.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Snake said:

It's not Sam Darnald, it's Rhule. 

I mean, Rhule wasn’t Darnold’s head coach on the Jets. He also wasn’t his coach in college where he was also a turnover machine. Darnold has sucked his way to being an NFL starter because of reasons I truly don’t understand. He doesn’t even LOOK the part. Darnold is f*cking terrible!!!

1 minute ago, hepcat said:

I mean, Rhule wasn’t Darnold’s head coach on the Jets. He also wasn’t his coach in college where he was also a turnover machine. Darnold has sucked his way to being an NFL starter because of reasons I truly don’t understand. He doesn’t even LOOK the part. Darnold is f*cking terrible!!!

Sam should be backing someone up right now. That's all on Rhule. He passed on the most QB rich draft for a backup. Albeit not a very good one. 

Just now, Snake said:

Sam should be backing someone up right now. That's all on Rhule. He passed on the most QB rich draft for a backup. Albeit not a very good one. 

It’s on everyone who traded for him. Fitterer? Did Tepper sign off on this? It’s just such a horrible situation that it’s embarrassing. 

Every article that has said Rhule is getting a 3rd year says 2022 will see improved QB play. From what QB? Darnold? Cam? A Rookie? What QB play will improve us so much we make the playoffs in 2022? Just because we draft an O-line or sign on free agents doesn't mean that the QB play will improve. 

Darnold doesn't suck because the o-line is trash. Darnold is trash and will continue to be trash even if we are lucky to improve the O-line. 

Which is also pure luck since most O-lines in the NFL are lucky to be mediocre. 

22 minutes ago, firefox1234 said:

Lol I can’t believe folks were not only defending but praising these moves.

If you go back to the beginning of the season when we were 3-0 there was nothing but praise from pretty much the entire huddle..... "we found our new franchise quarterback" 😁

12 minutes ago, firefox1234 said:

But you can’t look at the trade in a vacuum. All those other factors are very much important factors when deciding whether to make a trade.

That's very true.  I think the hubris of this shitty staff is exemplified by the situation on offense... They just happened to have stumbled into some better players on D (many of whom were here before they were) so the D hides a lot of their ineptitude.

• Pie 1

39 minutes ago, FugginPoo said:

They need to explain the 5th year option logic

It's been explained. 

There was a deadline to pick it up before the season started.

So the probable logic was if he goes off this year we have him next year for cheap.

Versus if he went off this year with no option then he becomes a FA and the price goes way up.

They took what they thought was the lesser of two evils. 

• Pie 1