• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

David Tepper gave Matt Rhule a 7 year $62m contract. Rhule never beat a ranked team as head coach of the Baylor football team.

hepcat

I mailed it in for any future success when he was hired. Rhule has not proven me wrong.

This was one of those times I wanted to be proved wrong. I expected to lose week in and week out with Rhule as he gets outcoached every week. I thought maybe he figured it out early this season, but his college tendencies stood out and the rest of the NFL figured him out with a few games to see Darnold play in his system.

Tepper is a terrible owner, has done not one thing for the football side of this franchise that has been a positive.  I’m not sure he is capable at this point.  He was just part of the good ole boy network and was awarded a team for that reason alone. 

• Pie 1

Just now, ickmule said:

Tepper is a terrible owner, has done not one thing for the football side of this franchise that has been a positive.  I’m not sure he is capable at this point.  He was just part of the good ole boy network and was awarded a team for that reason alone. 

Watching him waste millions of dollars on his terrible decisions is both hilarious, sad, and reflects what a messed up society we live in. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

I never got the excitement with Rhule. A lot of us pointed this out when we first hired him. Dude got outcoached by some bad college coaches. Not to mention blew a fuggin 28-3 lead against Oklahoma when Jalen Hurts straight sh*tted on his team in the 2nd half (no wonder we didn't draft Hurts, Rhule was still too salty about that game) and then proceeded to lose yet again to them a month later. Rhule has NEVER shown he could beat ranked teams in college, and Tepper just ups and gives him a top 10 contract.

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Castavar said:

I never got the excitement with Rhule. A lot of us pointed this out when we first hired him. Dude got outcoached by some bad college coaches. Not to mention blew a fuggin 28-3 lead against Oklahoma when Jalen Hurts straight sh*tted on his team in the 2nd half (no wonder we didn't draft Hurts, Rhule was still too salty about that game) and then proceeded to lose yet again to them a month later. Rhule has NEVER shown he could beat ranked teams in college, and Tepper just ups and gives him a top 10 contract.

The story of Hurney and Tepper meeting Rhule at his house in Waco is a very weird story. 

• Beer 2

12 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Yeah that might have been the worst coaching performances I’ve seen. They were missing Saquan too…

And Golladay.........and Kadarius Toney.............and Sterling Shepherd.......................... My fuggin God we literally got blown out by the Giants B-team and Joe Judge 😬

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

12 minutes ago, Castavar said:

And Golladay.........and Kadarius Toney.............and Sterling Shepherd.......................... My fuggin God we literally got blown out by the Giants B-team and Joe Judge 😬

Judge had Danny Jones out their running routes and catching passes against us. That should have been the end of Rhule right there. 

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1