Jump to content
  • Welcome!

    Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

    Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

    Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

     

  • panthers-redskins-1.jpg

Draft Capital


MHS831
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 1/3/2022 at 11:14 AM, MHS831 said:

It seems that the Panthers are likely to be picking at #6, with the slight possibility that there is potential fluctuation that could have them ranging from about 5 to 8--but #6 seems rather probable.  More likely if we lose, very possible if we win.

The draft trade value chart has the #6 pick at 1600 points.  Some say take the BPA, others say trade down and add a second rounder.

For your information, the #13 pick (1150) should also have the #45 pick (450). 

What would you do?

Ask for more.

Potentially missing out on a franchise OL/QB just to get a mid-2nd round pick when the Eagles got a future first? Nah, if they're willing to trade up then they're willing to pay to play.

  • Pie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/5/2022 at 6:10 PM, mrcompletely11 said:

He didnt last year

He has stated that he would do it--and he entertained a trade offer last year.  Not sure that the fact that he didn't get a good offer justifies a statement that infers he will not trade back in the first round---I think he does move back this year and would probably bet on it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

He has stated that he would do it--and he entertained a trade offer last year.  Not sure that the fact that he didn't get a good offer justifies a statement that infers he will not trade back in the first round---I think he does move back this year and would probably bet on it.

that depends on 2 things, if a team is wanting to move up and if said team gives fair value.  Last year was a better qb draft and we had 2 with our pick and the bears still didnt offer enough.

 

Now if we trade back for lesser value just to recoup the pick from the darnold trade I very well may seriously be done with this franchise.  I mean that level of incompetence should turn any knowledgeable fan away

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So many if's and buts to go along with this thread.  Every draft has its own identity.

 

Who will be the head coach?  OC? DC?

What system will we run? on both sides of the ball?  How will current players be in either system?

What are considered to be the strong positions for this years draft?  Certainly not the QB's

Getting more picks is a numbers game.  Pats did it for years with some success and some regret.

We did it last year and it remains to be seen how it worked for us.

Chinn is probably the best draft pick we have made over the last couple of seasons.

What are the strong areas of FA?

 

For me:

Trade back to at least 13, if not 20.  Pick up other slots because we have little to work with in a weak draft, more opportunities for a win are imperative.  OT Neal as it stands now, will already be gone.

 

  • Pie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Let's say there are 2 quarterbacks that stand out after the combine - Pickett and Corral.

Maybe Houston takes a QB at 3, so now there is only 1 QB left with a first round grade.  WFT (9), Falcons (10), Broncos (11), Saints (15), Steelers (17) may all be interested.  We could find ourselves in a bidding war if 2 of these teams fall in love with drafting a QB.

If I could, I'd trade the 6th to WFT for the 9th and 40th.  At 9 I'd go with Ikem or the Iowa Center.  Then at 40, if we go Center at 9, there are about 4 OTs valued in the 35-45 range.  

This will give us a decent OL and Darnold will not be constantly running for his life.

 

  • Pie 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, grimesgoat said:

Let's say there are 2 quarterbacks that stand out after the combine - Pickett and Corral.

Maybe Houston takes a QB at 3, so now there is only 1 QB left with a first round grade.  WFT (9), Falcons (10), Broncos (11), Saints (15), Steelers (17) may all be interested.  We could find ourselves in a bidding war if 2 of these teams fall in love with drafting a QB.

If I could, I'd trade the 6th to WFT for the 9th and 40th.  At 9 I'd go with Ikem or the Iowa Center.  Then at 40, if we go Center at 9, there are about 4 OTs valued in the 35-45 range.  

This will give us a decent OL and Darnold will not be constantly running for his life.

 

Davis has been a nice surprise in Houston, so they might keep him AND trade Watson.  That is 2 teams not needing a QB all of a sudden.  But further, I don't think Corral will go in the top half, Pickett, yes.  From 9, I might drop again, to mid teens, picking up another 2nd.

But your logic is good if we only drop back 3 spots

 

  • Pie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If no QBs go (or) a team loves Pickett or Corral, I can see a trade back. Nothing grand but I’m looking at Washington or Minny at 11 & 12.

Or a much less splash trade could simply be Denver leapfrogging ATL to land one at our pick. They have (2) seconds and (2) thirds.

Lets get their Rams 2nd with a 6 to 9 swap. Draft NCSU or Iowa OLs and land maybe Ridder or Strong next

  • Pie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, davos said:

If no QBs go (or) a team loves Pickett or Corral, I can see a trade back. Nothing grand but I’m looking at Washington or Minny at 11 & 12.

Or a much less splash trade could simply be Denver leapfrogging ATL to land one at our pick. They have (2) seconds and (2) thirds.

Lets get their Rams 2nd with a 6 to 9 swap. Draft NCSU or Iowa OLs and land maybe Ridder or Strong next

It is possible we just don't have a suitor for a trade back. The obvious choices are the teams with two first rounders, as they will be the easiest to pry away. Then you have the fact that this is a weak QB draft, which usually drives up trade prices and possibilities. 

We will see what happens. If we couldn't move our pick in last years draft with two QB's on the board, I can't see us being able to this year. Either we are asking too much or the suitors are more patient.

  • Pie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

It is possible we just don't have a suitor for a trade back. The obvious choices are the teams with two first rounders, as they will be the easiest to pry away. Then you have the fact that this is a weak QB draft, which usually drives up trade prices and possibilities. 

We will see what happens. If we couldn't move our pick in last years draft with two QB's on the board, I can't see us being able to this year. Either we are asking too much or the suitors are more patient.

Yup. It’s also why I won’t put too much into thinking we can simply trade back. 

I’m bracing for a potential QB pick but maybe we go OL and stay at 6.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...