• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Brady Christensen scores highest ratings of the season at LT again.

Zod

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I wouldn't pass on a top LT in the draft for him.

But if Rhule does decide he can be relied upon to handle the LT job, well then he'd be free to spend our top pick on a quarterback, now wouldn't he?

What is more likely for Rhule to believe for saving his job if he makes it to year 3?

Draft an OL or another non-QB and build around Sam or some FA QB or draft a QB and show enough growth in year one to save his job?

Just now, AU-panther said:

What is more likely for Rhule to believe for saving his job if he makes it to year 3?

Draft an OL or another non-QB and build around Sam or some FA QB or draft a QB and show enough growth in year one to save his job?

I bet tepper can see through that bullshit.  And I seriously doubt we are pursuing another vet to spend money on.  Roll with darnold motherfuger this is who you went out to get and spent a ton of capital on.  Make it work

• Pie 1

Just now, AU-panther said:

Probably depends on what his boss thinks. You know, the guy who's reported to be obsessed with getting a franchise quarterback.

I'd add that I'm not a big believer in Rhule making smart decisions, so...

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I bet tepper can see through that bullshit.  And I seriously doubt we are pursuing another vet to spend money on.  Roll with darnold motherfuger this is who you went out to get and spent a ton of capital on.  Make it work

If Tepper could see through bullsh-t, Marty Hurney and Matt Rhule wouldn't have been here to begin with.

• Flames 1

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

Nah man I bet in theory Rhules pitch to them sounded all well and good, the problem is that were not well versed enough in the NFL to know that poo doesnt work on grown adults

Marty Hurney's fifteen years as an NFL GM didn't make him "well-versed" enough?

I mean it's Marty, so...

• Flames 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Probably depends on what his boss thinks. You know, the guy who's reported to be obsessed with getting a franchise quarterback.

I'd add that I'm not a big believer in Rhule making smart decisions, so...

He isn't too obsessed if he let his HC sign Teddy, trade for Sam and then pass on several QBs in this year's draft.

I don't think Tepper is going to specifically sit down with Rhule and say, "draft a guy and I'll give you two years to develop him".  Rhule has to think this is a make-or-break season for him and I'm guessing the offseason moves and the draft will be influenced by that, which to be honest is scary.

Where Rhule screwed up is drafting him as "a guard", throwing him all training camp at backup RT, then telling everyone his a better guard and practicing there.  Then gets tossed him out at LT when guys go down.  I mean how many days has he even FULLY practiced at LT (for the Panthers)? Is he a stud LT? Probably not.  Should he have been our top backup option at LT and been out there every time Ervin went out, yes.  He is/was clearly the best backup option.

Draft a stud LT in the draft, move Brady to LG and then find someone, anyone, to fill in at RG. Let Sam play out his contract and draft QB in 2023.  IF we don't have a serviceable line in 2022, there is no point in drafting a QB in the 1st.

• Pie 1

13 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Honestly that might not be the option that people want the most but It might be a better option than what could happen.

1 hour ago, stbugs said:

Lol. Great question. 7 sacks but the OL gave up 1. Jordan had like 3.5 and the tackles didn’t give up a sack?

Not sure where PFF gets their stats but there seem to be 6 sacks missing. I do recall BC not even moving towards the blitzer who lit up Darnold for the fumble, so maybe if you get fooled by the stunt inside of your DE that you should just ignore the blitzer going right past you so it doesn’t impact your rating.

I’m fairly certain Darnold was sacked more than twice and hit more than once.

You have to know the protection calls to assign blame.  They simple could have called the wrong protection for the oline on that play. It happens. 

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

Honestly that might not be the option that people want the most but It might be a better option than what could happen.

Ive said it 100x.  Its not sexy, its not going to be fun next year but at least its a motherfuging plan instead of throwing qbs against the wall to see if they stick. 

2 hours ago, tukafan21 said:

To be fair, I think Rhule might be right on this one at the moment, and it has nothing to do with Brady

He's not an elite sure fire LT, he could be a pretty good one, but he's not that... and with our draft pick, we very well could get that, and I'd much rather have that type of guy than Brady out there if we have the choice.

So take an elite LT with our first rounder, move Brady inside to RG, sign a Center or draft one with a mid round pick, and give Deonte a shot at LG next year.

The problem is this is also why Rhule is an idiot... because had he been playing Brady out there for the last couple of months, we might know if he was good enough to at least be an above average starter and we could have used the draft pick to address one of our many other needs.  But since we just won't know before the draft and we have a chance to get an impact LT from day 1, you can't pass that up.

This is what I have been thinking today.  Hopefully land Evan Neal at 5 or 6.  Slide Brady to LG and start him there for the foreseeable future.  Start Deonte Brown at RG next year, assuming he gets his stuff together by then.  Moton is Moton.  If this is the case, all of a sudden we have a decent line.  Still need a good C, but PF is at least serviceable in that spot.

Christensen played pretty well yesterday.  I think he held his own and I saw him work his man around and behind Sam multiple times giving Sam time.

It's the interior O-line that is killing us.  Christensen and Moton handled the edges well, but Sam still couldn't step up in the pocket a lot and held the ball too long.

• Pie 2

Rhule is completly clueless when it comes to evaluating players,especially offensive linemen. He must not have watched Brady Christensen become a consensus All American while  doing a bang up job at left tackle for BYU.

I was surprised Christensen  lasted so long in the draft and thought he was a steal going to the Panthers 70th overall in the 3rd round of the draft, since a lot of  scouts were comparing him to the Chiefs Eric Fisher.

• Beer 1