• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kenny Pickett at 5/6

davos

50 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Personally, I think we will try to build the OL in free agency and we will take Pickett.  Not sure how I feel about it. 

Greatly depends on who is doing that building. Current guys simply are unable to build an offensive line.

They can get QBs killed, though.

So Pickett at 5 and a Rhule/Fitterer line means we're the Cleveland Browns from 2000-2018. Yippee. Just sending lambs to the slaughter.

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

Not saying "fool" as a dummy just referring to this fool (who we are talking about)

IMO the bad pick argument comes from his previous 4 years of results.  Why did he skyrocket out of nowhere?

Got it. 

I mean, Wilson did the same last year with a far lesser team and in a far lesser conference.  The hype train also continued during the pre-draft build.  These guys pop up a lot, it's about figuring out who is actually worth it.  All the bust prospects show good abilities in college and it's why they're picked where they do. It's just such a hit and miss.  The reward is huge in netting a franchise QB, the risk is being crap for another year and missing out on awesome OL talent. 

It's a tricky spot to be in with no 2nd or 3rd, no QB and no OL to speak of.

45 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Kenny Pickett is a 1 year wonder  1 year younger the Sam Darnold.. It took him 5 years to have that 1 good year.. In most years with good QB prospects he would be a 2nd or 3rd round pick.. 

This would be a horrible pick for us for many reasons.. Beyond the major red flags of hes older his arm isn't elite, he is a okay athlete and it took him 5 years to be a draft worthy prospect..

1. The coaching staff that might be doing the pick..

2. Picking  him eliminates adding day 1 starting talent for the Oline..

3. Since he is not a great prospect.. Like a Lawrence, Wison , Lance or Fields.. Yours forcing a QB on your next coaching hire he might not want..

I dont disagree but to be fair you could say that about several qbs who ended up being solid.  Burrow is a recent one. 

5 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

No. Go oline early and often. Ride Sam to the number 1 pick next year.

This. We need to go into next year with the mindset that its the year to fix the oline and 2023 is the year to get the QB. 

So lets not trade more picks away. Stick and pick or trade back for draft capital. 

• Pie 1

12 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

People on here acting like OL can’t be busts as well while we are rocking a 1st rounder in Erving who is replacing a former first rounder (several years later) Matt Kalil.  If we draft a top LT without trading down just know next season might look very similar to our past couple games (rookie LT playing solid, but teams just blitzing Darnold up the middle). I’m ok with us taking one, but the following year may be terrible. I really want a new coach and trade down….

Good point.. Every position has bust picks. 

But the question is .. What is the best way to avoid making a bust pick??

Pick the lesser prospect with less production in college and less talent at his position..

Or 

Pick the higher rated prospect (by all scouts) with years of college production and a day 1 starter . 

One concern I have is there are several teams that have multiple 1st round picks that may not go QB. If they dont then we need to either take to the number one pick in 2023 or find a way to be able to get enough capital to move up. 

If the Eagles stay with Hurtz and Miami with Tua then we are in a rough position assuming that dont trade those picks. 

1 minute ago, CanadianCat said:

One concern I have is there are several teams that have multiple 1st round picks that may not go QB. If they dont then we need to either take to the number one pick in 2023 or find a way to be able to get enough capital to move up. 

If the Eagles stay with Hurtz and Miami with Tua then we are in a rough position assuming that dont trade those picks. 

Why wouldn’t they stay with either?

16 minutes ago, davos said:

I'm trying to discuss him, not just shun him and ridicule.  What's the excuse? I'm speaking to what scouts and websites are seeing in reviewing his play.  

I'm doing the same thing.. And most scout has this as a down QB draft.. Most scouts say the same thing about all the QB in this draft..

"I wouldn't draft him high but "desperate QB teams will probably pick him" .. This statement is a red flag .

Read between the lines.. Look at the prospect and compare him to others.. Compare the class.. He isn't a good prospect unless you're desperate..

6 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

I dont disagree but to be fair you could say that about several qbs who ended up being solid.  Burrow is a recent one. 

One year wonder, without any overly spectacular physical tools, definitely not the kind of prospect that fans get excited about. 

Like you said though, a lot of the same things fans said about Burrow and now he is looking like one of the best QBs in the league.

Teams that need QBs will talk themselves into prospects, when looking at Pickett they will keep thinking about Burrow.  I'm sure Josh Allen helped Trey Lance some, physical Qbs with tools that were inaccurate.  Lamar Jackson will help Willis get drafted.  Its just the way the league works.  Mahomes got people excited about Wilson.

He feels somewhat risky to draft that high but he might prove us all wrong, the little I have watched he does seem to do some things well.

• Pie 2