• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is Tepper a bottom 5 owner?

Is Tepper Bottom 5  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Well, is he?

• Yes
    • No

Bills fans said the same Thing about the Pegulas 5 years ago but this board beats it’s meat to Buffalo now.

Jerry got praise in 2008 and everyone loved him but then things went south till 2013.

ownership is overrated. It’s great when you’re winning and the owner is worse than anyone when you’re losing.

Edited by Panthercougar68

1 hour ago, The Huddler said:

He will learn from his mistakes

He wants to win and will throw resources at it until he does. A hands off owner that will pay a sshitload to get the job done. 

Id rather him give a coach a little too long than be the demanding, impatient, tyrant that will cut down everything prematurely. 

plus, i know im in the vast minority, but i think Rhule deserves another year. Hes taken 3 years to turn it around everywhere hes been. 

just my opinion and intuition dont attack me 

It's one thing to pull the plug on something that hasn't yielded yet but still shows promise. It's another to not recognize a poor investment and move on.

Carolina has the 5th worst record since 2018 and 2019 ( if someone doesn't count 2018 as a Tepper year). That's objectively poor so yes, the on-field results coupled with Tepper's involvement appears to be bottom 5.

• Pie 1

12 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

I’ll continue my rant

Jerry was too cheap to build a dome and expand areas of the stadium for football operations

Jerry kept Marty and Ron when this board wanted them gone.

Dave actually is putting money into this team (and Charlotte) if you want to admit it or not.

Doesn't matter if you make the franchise the laughing stock.

Absolutely he is…he is going to spend to win and this guy cares about winning.  It isn’t like he has been an owner long either, he needs time too.  I don’t think the average fan who needs instant gratification (like most people do these days) realize that constant restarts aren’t the answer.  This team is better than when Rhule took over but finding an elite QB is probably the hardest thing you can do.  Rhule mentioned the OL needs investment bigtime.  Its not like he doesn’t see that.

Edited by Shocker

2 hours ago, Panthercougar68 said:

Like the Bucs with the Glazrs…like the Saints with Benson…people need to fuging relax and give it time.

Odds are against your college coach. THEY have real coaches. Until that happens we're in the same boat.

Tepper f'd up. He hired an amateur who's figuring it all out while getting his ass kicked because he is in nooo ways an elite coaching hire. He won't be elite next year either, your waiting on a weak coach to become mediocre.

This was a Tepper fantasy that needs to come back to reality we see it. Everyone else does too. We've been on this bandwagon 25+ years we have the right to criticize. Tepper and Rhule are outsiders they haven't paid their dues. They'd better learn to take it because we won't stop until it's fixed.