• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

At number 6 the Carolina Panthers select...Charles Cross???

PanthersGOATFan336

2 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Mr.C stop wasting your time.. You can't argue with ppl unwilling to do the research.. 

Your plan is the best situation for us..

If we had done this instead of picking fat Derrick brown we would be in an incredible spot going into 2022 but Growl wants to either sign some scrub vet or blow our 6th pick on the white teddy 2 gloves and hope like hell it works out

Edited by mrcompletely11

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

If we had done this instead of picking fat Derrick brown we would be in an incredible spot going into 2022

I disagree on Brown but I don't feel like arguing that.. But your opinion about drafting with the strengths of the draft not against it is proven more successful..

25 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Its completely stupid to grab a QB in a low rated QB draft high out of desperation..

You end up overvaluing Gabberts, Ponders, Lockers, Joey Harrington and David Carrs based on desperation and not the actual player..

Hey, you left out a few : Ryan Leaf, Demarcus Russel, Andre Ware, EJ Manual, Todd Maronivich, Johnny Manzel, Tim Couch, Cade McNown, Akili Smith. The last 3 all came from the class of 1999 which had 5 QB's taken in the 1st round, which means you had a 60% bust rate that year.

Never draft a questionable QB in the 1st round out of desperation. Everyone one of those teams experienced a setback for years after making poor draft decisions.

16 minutes ago, SCO96 said:

Hey, you left out a few : Ryan Leaf, Demarcus Russel, Andre Ware, EJ Manual, Todd Maronivich, Johnny Manzel, Tim Couch, Cade McNown, Akili Smith. The last 3 all came from the class of 1999 which had 5 QB's taken in the 1st round, which means you had a 60% bust rate that year.

Never draft a questionable QB in the 1st round out of desperation. Everyone one of those teams experienced a setback for years after making poor draft decisions.

Especially if you're expecting a HC change.. Drafting a QB with a Lame duck coach is a wasted pick.. Because the new HC always wants his choices of QB and rarely sticks with the pervious regime..

Anybody who wants Rhule out of here definitely shouldn't want him to draft a QB..

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, thunderraiden said:

I said this poo all year before the draft and was told I was crazy and that the QB position was being overvalued... sigh.

I don't know who told you that dumbshit..

Any draft where multiple team tank for a chance at a QB means that's a good QB draft.. 

2 hours ago, ClawOn said:

You want someone other than Lawrence from last year's class?  I don't. not sure the teams that drafted them do either 

You have the benefit from the season playing out.  The draft is like the stock market; mostly projection.  And yes, I still would love to have Trey Lance who I wanted us to draft BADLY, but two things happened: a) the Panthers wanted to go the FA route and b) the 49ers jumped ahead of us anyway so it was a moot point.  Rookie QBs take a few years to develop.  Last year's QB class might actually still pan out.  Few rookie QBs play lights out their first year.   That's the reason I doubt we draft one this year; Rhule doesn't have the luxury for a greenhorn QB to learn on the job.  Another losing season and he's outta here...7-year contract be damned.

2 hours ago, 45catfan said:

You have the benefit from the season playing out.  The draft is like the stock market; mostly projection.  And yes, I still would love to have Trey Lance who I wanted us to draft BADLY, but two things happened: a) the Panthers wanted to go the FA route and b) the 49ers jumped ahead of us anyway so it was a moot point.  Rookie QBs take a few years to develop.  Last year's QB class might actually still pan out.  Few rookie QBs play lights out their first year.   That's the reason I doubt we draft one this year; Rhule doesn't have the luxury for a greenhorn QB to learn on the job.  Another losing season and he's outta here...7-year contract be damned.

I think when San Francisco jumped it put us in panic mode.. I think we had 3 qbs in mind.. Lawrence, Wilson, and Lance.. When is was clear they were gone then we started that trading for a vet at any cost poo..

6 hours ago, theinstrumental said:

Cross is pretty good. This team still needs help just about everywhere, though. It would help more if they can move back and grab Trevor Penning, Linderbaum, or Kenyon Green and add some picks to keep building the roster. Even if Cross is great and BC slots in at guard, they'll need one more guard and still be stuck with Elflein at center. This isn't a one player fix. 

Hard disagree. Would rather just solve LT once and for all then try to press our luck like that. The other spots aren't nearly as hard to fill.

10 minutes ago, MechaZain said:

Hard disagree. Would rather just solve LT once and for all then try to press our luck like that. The other spots aren't nearly as hard to fill.

Same.  Brown looked decent at RG so with a full offseason with actual reps (hopefully) we can see more progression.  It all depends on how they view Christensen.  If they think he’s the guy then trading down is the right call