• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Multiple analysts ridiculing Rhule's comments

Mr. Scot

8 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

Everyone becomes an expert with hindsight.

Rhule needs to learn to say less.  He wasn't the only person in the league who had doubts about Slater playing LT at a high level, he should have just said they had Horn rated higher and both positions were needs and leave it at that.

He actually did say that.. That is the problem with ppl listening with angry ears..

He said they had Sewell and Horn rank the highest and it was hard with Slater because of him missing a season and the height length thing and they saw him like alot of ppl as a guard...

7 hours ago, Sgt Schultz said:

So apparently we are looking for the prototypical perfect physical specifications to draft OL in the early rounds.

There is a saying that the enemy of good is perfect.  We are proving that.

Good saying. Let me add in something in light of Matt Rhule: The enemy of good is also versatility.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

36 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

He actually did say that.. That is the problem with ppl listening with angry ears..

He said they had Sewell and Horn rank the highest and it was hard with Slater because of him missing a season and the height length thing and they saw him like alot of ppl as a guard...

People are just looking for things to complain about at this point.

All of this arm length and to a lesser extent the versatility talk has just took a life of its own.

If I'm going to criticize Rhule its going to be more about signing Teddy and then trading for Sam.

1 hour ago, WOW!! said:

It's not angry ears - the guy openly commented (again...) about their dumbass 'idral' OL traits shading prospect evaluation. Regardless of what he said about Horn the Slater comment is still alarming in and of itself, particularly after the short arms BS with Christensen.

• Beer 1

53 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

People are just looking for things to complain about at this point.

All of this arm length and to a lesser extent the versatility talk has just took a life of its own.

If I'm going to criticize Rhule its going to be more about signing Teddy and then trading for Sam.

That's my point.. The handling of The QB position is clown show, not giving Brady and Brown more playing time is a clown show, play calling and time management is a clown show, The signing of Eflin, and Irving is clown show.. There is alot of stuff to clown Rhule about.. 

His opinion of Slater pre draft (which alot of scouts had) and picking Horn isn't...

20 minutes ago, KSpan said:

It's not angry ears - the guy openly commented (again...) about their dumbass 'idral' OL traits shading prospect evaluation. Regardless of what he said about Horn the Slater comment is still alarming in and of itself, particularly after the short arms BS with Christensen.

I agree his Brady poo is a problem..

But it's more a problem that once hes on your team and everybody else has proven their not the answer.  You play the guy.. Him and Brown usage is a reason to clown Rhule..

His truthful opinion on Slater pre draft isn't..

1 hour ago, mc52beast said:

I listened to the interview with FNZ this morning, heard his comment about Slater and spilled steaming coffee on myself.

Maybe you can sue, like that person who sued McDonald’s because they burned themself on their coffee.  Rhule has a confirmed diagnosis of word diarrhea.  He doesn’t know when to shut his mouth.  If he was good at speaking it would be okay, but he spews and babbles when he gets flustered until it gets worse and worse.  

From the way Fitt talked in the draft pressers, Sewell would’ve been our guy if he was there.  Sucks he was drafted one pick before.  Rhule just doesn’t know how to use coach speak when he gets flustered.  A jabbering mess.  

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

I agree his Brady poo is a problem..

But it's more a problem that once hes on your team and everybody else has proven their not the answer.  You play the guy.. Him and Brown usage is a reason to clown Rhule..

His truthful opinion on Slater pre draft isn't..

Agree completely on the first points but still disagree on the last. He was very clearly a tackle and even if he did end up a guard, how epically awful wanted guard play this year? I simply can't feel good about his comments and the implications toward their ability to evaluate talent and see the big picture.