• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Coaching News

Mr. Scot

13 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

You've got a weird fixation.

On what? I'm pointing out how dumb teams are to just hire the people that happened to coach legendary QB's like the Broncos hiring the Packers OC and the Giants the Bills OC. It'd be the same if the Panthers went after Bieniemy. It's far more impressive to coach your way to a top offense with Carson Wentz and Jalen Hurts than ride off the coat tails of Mahomes and Allen bailing your shitty offense out

3 minutes ago, amcoolio said:

On what? I'm pointing out how dumb teams are to just hire the people that happened to coach legendary QB's like the Broncos hiring the Packers OC and the Giants the Bills OC. It'd be the same if the Panthers went after Bieniemy. It's far more impressive to coach your way to a top offense with Carson Wentz and Jalen Hurts than ride off the coat tails of Mahomes and Allen bailing your shitty offense out

The packers OC was also the OC of the jaguars and made a Blake bortles led offense top 5. He has a good track record before GB on other nfl teams as well as college. He’s a smart dude.

I think daboll is gonna bust hard in New York tho.

39 minutes ago, amcoolio said:

You know what's even dumber?

Hiring college coaches that don't know how to coach pro athletes.

• Pie 1

Wow, that's not what I took away from Albom's article.

"Chase an NFL job?" Really? The Vikes contacted him, not vice versa.

“There was a tugging at me that I was once that close to a Super Bowl and I didn’t get it. Some NFL jobs came open. I was contacted by the (Minnesota) Vikings.

“For better or for worse, it was something I wanted to explore. I went in thinking, ‘I’m gonna have 100 percent conviction on this, and if they (Minnesota) have 100 percent conviction on this, then it’s something I’m gonna do.”

How does any of what he said get translated into chasing an NFL job or I'm just gonna take my ball and go home? 

C'mon, I don't like Harbaugh at all, but again, the Vikes asked him, he went into the interview committed and there simply wasn't a match. So what? They asked him- not him begging the Vikes or "chasing an NFL job."