• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2022 NFL Draft QB prospects: Strengths, weaknesses and pro comparisons for the top signal-callers

Martin

9 minutes ago, Martin said:

Pretty quick and precise write up.  Still not seeing a stud among any of them.  Would love to roll the dice with willis with a 2nd or 3rd and see if he develops but oh well

The only two I like are Corral and Pickett. I’m not in love with either of them, but they both have talent. Not crazy about Pickett’s age and lack of multi-year production and I’m worried about Corral‘s ability to stay healthy. 

If we had a new HC, I wouldn’t mind taking a chance on one of these two. But I think I’d rather us pick OL and let our new coach next year pick their QB. 

None of these inspire confidence. Strong would be the best comp imo. 

Does anyone want a Burrow lite? Burrow lite to me sounds like a 2nd string player. Burrow heavy is good but if he loses any of his intangibles he’s mediocre at best. 

Willis as a smaller Allen? Is Josh Allen really elite if he isn’t 6’6” 250lbs? He lead the starters in bad decisions and basically gets himself out of them bc of elite size and ability to take hits and scramble. Do we want a smaller version of Josh Allen or Cam? How would that be a good decision?

The rest of the comps are basically complete nixes for me as day 1 picks. If you are able to get a day 2 pick and want to pick Strong behind a solidified line. Go for it. Otherwise just pick linemen and try to build the roster inside out. 

15 minutes ago, Martin said:

Which ones would you make? I didn’t watch much college football this year so I’m curious where you are at.

Something like:

Howell - Mayfield

Pickett - Cousins if I am generous but I think he is Blaine Gabbert to be honest

Willis - Vick lite  Passing he reminds me of Dwayne Haskins

Corral - Zach Wilson

Strong - Davis Mills

Edited by Shocker
  • Pie 1

8 hours ago, Panthercougar68 said:

Am I missing something but Howell seemed pretty athletic but they say he isn’t?

He isn't an NFL level athlete. The type of running he was doing at UNC would shorten his career A LOT.

He's probably average to above average at the NFL level in terms of athleticism. 

But remember that position now includes more and more elite athletes every season. Willis possibly being one. 

We're Panthers fans. No need to look at QBs in the draft. That's not what we do. We need to be analyzing the veteran QBs who will be available on clearance aisle and in the scratch and dent section of the local thrift store. That's where we shop for our QBs. But the stores love us because we'll still pay premium prices!

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We're Panthers fans. No need to look at QBs in the draft. That's not what we do. We need to be analyzing the veteran QBs who will be available on clearance aisle and in the scratch and dent section of the local thrift store. That's where we shop for our QBs. But the stores love us because we'll still pay premium prices!

Exactly top 10 picks are for CBs, LBs, DTs, and RBs! Not for this QB nonsense… I mean last time we did that we got Cam Newton and that was such a disaster. 

On 1/22/2022 at 9:49 PM, Shocker said:

Something like:

Howell - Mayfield

Pickett - Cousins if I am generous but I think he is Blaine Gabbert to be honest

Willis - Vick lite  Passing he reminds me of Dwayne Haskins

Corral - Zach Wilson

Strong - Davis Mills

Yeah this is what I’d say too. 

Willis reminds me of Mike Vick 

Howell very similar to Mayfield

My favorite QB (right now) is Corrall. He does look a lot like Wilson. I think he’s probably a better scrambler than Wilson. Maybe a little less pure arm talent but is really accurate like Wilson was coming out. 

He reminds me of a different Wilson coming out tho. He looks like a lighter version of Russell Wilson. Really accurate with intermediate routes and crossing routes. Good not great going to the sideline. Very very accurate deep ball. Which i always thought Wilson was the best at. I like Corrall. 

• Pie 1

Before this season started, I'd have picked Ridder. Now that it's over, I'm probably still picking Ridder. 

I like Corral, but his injuries bother me.

I am intrigued by Willis. 

I am kinda reluctant about Pickett and Howell because of a limited ceiling due to athleticism.

• Beer 1