• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Wait, it doesn't take 7 years to make a winning team?!?!?!??!?!?!?

1 minute ago, CRA said:

I was told that if worst QB in the NFL fails in Carolina…..every QB would be doomed behind bad OL play?  

Suffering through failed splash QB moves have this fanbase fully willing to accept that we really don't NEED a good QB. That's just a nice thing to have.

We're so far removed from watching Cam have an MVP season with Ted Ginn Jr. as his #1 WR we've just forgotten the impact a truly elite talent at QB can make.

• Beer 2

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Suffering through failed splash QB moves have this fanbase fully willing to accept that we really don't NEED a good QB. That's just a nice thing to have.

Matt Rhule:

Guys, let’s give a big welcome to playoff winning Jimmy G to Carolina! He won in the playoffs.  Proof you don’t need a good QB.    Nevermind the team put those 2 wins together despite Jimmy predictably being Jimmy.  

and the Titans made the playoffs too!  A RB offense works! 

that is Matt Rhule’s 7 year plan.   

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

A few bad posters on here does not make a fanbase.  We all know we need a great QB to have a shot a regular contender. But this team is far from a good qb away from being a serious contender. 

I don't care if they draft a qb every draft until they find "The Guy" but that doesn't mean they ignore everything else until they do.

So unless there is another Joe Burrow that they can draft at pick 6 in the upcoming draft all they can do is keep building wherever they can.  I hope the focus is on the oline and they take a shot at a backup qb in the draft to replace the overpriced Sam Darnold. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

15 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

Wtf does Snow have to do with grabbing Sam, lol. 

and no, RR is on record wanting to go with marcel dareus. Marcel even said that RR told him they were gonna pick him at 1. MH is the reason we took Cam.  

Do you post anything that is true? Ever? Not only was I at Cams Pro Day, and watched as Rivera made up his mind, but also watched Shula give Whitfield a thumbs up that Rivera really wanted him. This was the first week of March. And the article below confirms much of this. Marty nowhere to be found. If it wasn’t for Shula, Cam is more than likely not a Panther. Where is this “on record of RR wanting Dareus instead of Cam? 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/page/hotread-CamNewton/cam-newton-fast-start-erases-doubts-ability

Rivera also recalled when he saw Newton before his pro day. As the coach sat in the stands, he watched as players gravitated toward Newton. Rivera knew that natural-born jerks didn't draw people to them like that, and his instincts were affirmed in pre-draft meetings.

"When I asked Mike [Shula] why we should take Cam, he mentioned everything the kid had gone through," Rivera said, "He'd transferred from Florida, gone to junior college, and won the Heisman and national championship at Auburn. Mike said that through all that, the kid never broke down. If Cam could do that, he could handle being the No. 1 pick."

14 minutes ago, Toomers said:

Do you post anything that is true? Ever? Not only was I at Cams Pro Day, and watched as Rivera made up his mind, but also watched Shula give Whitfield a thumbs up that Rivera really wanted him. This was the first week of March. And the article below confirms much of this. Marty nowhere to be found. If it wasn’t for Shula, Cam is more than likely not a Panther. Where is this “on record of RR wanting Dareus instead of Cam? 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/page/hotread-CamNewton/cam-newton-fast-start-erases-doubts-ability

Rivera also recalled when he saw Newton before his pro day. As the coach sat in the stands, he watched as players gravitated toward Newton. Rivera knew that natural-born jerks didn't draw people to them like that, and his instincts were affirmed in pre-draft meetings.

"When I asked Mike [Shula] why we should take Cam, he mentioned everything the kid had gone through," Rivera said, "He'd transferred from Florida, gone to junior college, and won the Heisman and national championship at Auburn. Mike said that through all that, the kid never broke down. If Cam could do that, he could handle being the No. 1 pick."

Dude, first you need to relax. Every post you have that is toward me is so animated and infused with a frustrated tone.

Second, Marcel Dareus said in an interview that he was looking forward to playing us because RR told him he was going to be a panther during the combine. MD said that he put that date on the calendar to prove that we should have picked him over Cam. This was in 2013 when we lost 23-24 with EJ Manuel at QB.

Lastly, the article you linked states a sentence that RR believed he could be a capable #1 overall pick. If you go through all of the pre-draft resources you'll see that RR was torn between gabbert and newton at #1 and were considering going to go MD as the safe pick if they couldnt commit.... MH is the one who said "Cam is our guy" and there is plenty you can see in articles if you just google "Marty Hurney Cam Newton Draft 2011"

But here is an article of MH going main stream media to defend Cam explicitly.

Edited by TheCasillas

2 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Dude, first you need to relax. Every post you have that is toward me is so animated and infused with a frustrated tone.

Second, Marcel Dareus said in an interview that he was looking forward to playing us because RR told him he was going to be a panther during the combine. MD said that he put that date on the calendar to prove that we should have picked him over Cam. This was in 2013 when we lost 23-24 with EJ Manuel at QB.

Lastly, the article linked states a sentence that RR believed he could be a capable #1 overall pick. If you go through all of the pre-draft resources you'll see that RR was torn between gabbert and newton at #1 and were considering going to go MD as the safe pick if they couldnt commit.... MH is the one who said "Cam is our guy" and there is plenty you can see in articles if you just google "Marty Hurney Cam Newton Draft 2011"

But here is an article of MH going main stream media to defend Cam explicitly.

Dareus is a credible source two years later? Where’s the article. Where was Hurney at during Cam’s Pro Day. And after that day, only one player was going to be the pick.  Defending Cam a month later isn’t proof of anything he decided. Hurney knew who was going to be the pick after Rivera told him. He spoke up Against a guy everyone jumped on for his BS scouting report. That’s your proof? Get real. 

Where’s the Dareus interview? What articles about Hurney/Cam are written before his pro day. Do they have specific quotes from multiple sources? It’s frustrating that someone posts down to anyone who says anything bad about this disaster of a team with no actual knowledge backing it up. Past history, trades and salary cap info you make up as you go. Want to compare track records. Let’s go. You said I didn’t even understand how the cap works. We can test that too. But don’t act like you don’t homer up every situation to whatever fits your current agenda. 

• Flames 1

14 minutes ago, Toomers said:

Past history, trades and salary cap info you make up as you go. Want to compare track records. Let’s go. You said I didn’t even understand how the cap works. We can test that too. But don’t act like you don’t homer up every situation to whatever fits your current agenda. 

I dont even recall having conversations with you, thats how minimal of an impact you make on my CH experience. It appears I have somehow found a place to stay in your head. So feel free to worry about me, but I will continue to have constructive conversations with adults, rather than particpate in your child like accusations and erratic behavior. 

Willy Wonka Reaction GIF

• Poo 1

1 minute ago, TheCasillas said:

I dont even recall having conversations with you, thats how minimal of an impact you make on my CH experience. It appears I have somehow found a place to stay in your head. So feel free to worry about me, but I will continue to have constructive conversations with adults, rather than particpate in your child like accusations and erratic behavior. 

Willy Wonka Reaction GIF

You already forgot your ball-fondling of Samir and his “savage” cap work. On a team that is in cap hell. He was responsible for everything and nothing in the same thread. That was adorable. Or he was only responsible for the good moves. Whatever those were? But it was me that didn’t understand? Never your homer-driven fantasy. 

Then discounting anything, and what actually happened, again today with Cam being drafted. Same ole cop out. Just tell the truth. You only want to converse with homer fans who want to believe your “theories” and “thoughts” that you don’t ever seem to be able to back up. 

• Flames 2

1 hour ago, Jon Snow said:

A few bad posters on here does not make a fanbase.  We all know we need a great QB to have a shot a regular contender. But this team is far from a good qb away from being a serious contender. 

I don't care if they draft a qb every draft until they find "The Guy" but that doesn't mean they ignore everything else until they do.

So unless there is another Joe Burrow that they can draft at pick 6 in the upcoming draft all they can do is keep building wherever they can.  I hope the focus is on the oline and they take a shot at a backup qb in the draft to replace the overpriced Sam Darnold. 

Not true, if we had Burrow we'd be every bit as good as the Bengals

That is why teams trade tons of resources for a QB, because if they hit, they are good and can figure out the rest later

Fields and Mac Jones aren't in the same realm as Burrow

The fact we won 5 games without any NFL caliber QB's speaks to the team we have. The same league-leading Packers team with Sam Darnold instead of Rodgers would have won 5 games or less.

Edited by amcoolio