• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sam Howell

LinvilleGorge

QBs play in a system. Unless you subscribe to the theory of picking your guy and building your system around him, most teams try to find a QB to fit their style. So what QB do you want in what system. I want Ridder in an RPO heavy offense. Why would Howell be the best fit in our system??

Edited by panthers55

18 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

QBs play in a system. Unless you subscribe to the theory of picking your guy and building your system around him, most teams try to find a QB to fit their style. So what QB do you want in what system. I want Ridder in an RPO heavy offense. Why would Howell be the best fit in our system??

At it's core, UNC's offense IS an RPO offense.

1 hour ago, panthers55 said:

Jeez…Ridder is not a pro QB.  That Mel Kiper was hyping him so bad is amazing.  He is below average at everything 

Pickett is better but not by a ton.  Ridder is not going to be a starter in the NFL and maybe never get 1 start.

Edited by Shocker
  • Beer 1

16 hours ago, Shocker said:

Jeez…Ridder is not a pro QB.  That Mel Kiper was hyping him so bad is amazing.  He is below average at everything 

Pickett is better but not by a ton.  Ridder is not going to be a starter in the NFL and maybe never get 1 start.

I think Ridder could have a career as a backup. He's kinda what you want in a backup. Decent at everything, great at nothing, and generally does a good job of taking care of the ball.

• Pie 2

• 1 month later...

If Fitterer were somehow able to get us one of the stud o linemen and trade back up into the bottom of the first to get Sam, that would be my ideal draft. He has the tools, and I think he'd flourish as the QB in his hometown. I'd be interested to see where he falls in McAdoo's QB rankings.

• 5 months later...