• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Championship games thread

Mr. Scot

For those discussing OT rules. OT should be sudden death. It should never be changed in the playoffs. That said these favoring offense calls should go in OT as well. It should be a standard that the defense gets the benefit of the doubt in OT. 

I watched the six OT hockey game in the bubble. It’s fun. But it’s not fun. We don’t need college shoot outs in the NFL. It’s sudden death. If your defense can’t cut it. Get the fug out. 

Edited by Harbingers

28 minutes ago, kass said:

Thanks, still learning the game. 

No problem.  30 years ago they would have stopped the clock and called him out of bounds.  When games started lasting 3-1/2 hours without going into overtime, they tightened that up more making this call more and keeping the clock running.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, jopie87 said:

One of my best friends was a Chargers season ticket holder for a decade. When they left San Diego, it was like the franchise no longer existed to her. They would have been so much better off in San Diego. They needed a new stadium, but that shouldn't have been an impossible task.

Even on a financial/cultural level I don't understand how it benefits the state to take resources away from a cul-de-sac city like that. W Herbert attendance would be up, they'll be in the playoffs next year

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

College format is interesting and far and away better than the NFL format.  The NFL format was mostly designed during the old days, when NFL games tended to be very low scoring and dominated by defense.  With the rules changes making offense easier, the OT format needs to become more modern and closer to being fair/even for both teams.  Some model of the college style would be a vast improvement.  But the NFL tends to be slow to adapt major changes to the game.  

That being said, kudos to the Bengals defense.  Amazing that they kept Mahomes out of the end zone from late in the second qtr, thru the second half and one series in overtime.  

I don't mind the format. I don't want to see a game go on forever.