• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

LaCanfora asks evaluators about Pickett...

Mr. Scot

10 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Honestly, the more of Pickett I watch, the more I like. 

I like him and Corral the most of this class.

What about his Trubisky like limits on his throws down the left sideline with more ball wobble and float? Mid field and right side are great. OC at Pitt limited his passes to the left to rollouts all the way to the sideline before he squared up his shoulders. His INTs are primarily on his left side, and he will run a majority of the time and not look to pass if he is flushed to the left. Trouble holding onto the ball too on runs and when defenders swipe at his throws from behind. He can't grip and pull the ball down with just his throwing hand.

Defenses will figure him out quickly like Trubisky. I wish there was a way to just let Pickett focus on the right side of the field in the NFL. He'd be hard to stop.

Edited by CPantherKing

2 hours ago, Shocker said:

If we take him and he has fumbling issues or has trouble pushing the ball to the boundaries the coaches cannot complain.  That is what you are drafting 

I don't know whether Pickett is going to be a great pro quarterback or not. I definitely have some concerns, and at least for now wouldn't feel real comfortable about taking him #6 overall.

But after spending the better part of a season mercilessly mocking Matt Rhule for being worried about the arm length of Brady Christensen and Rashawn Slater, I'm not about to turn around and say "Oh, but you definitely should be worried about the hand size of Kenny Pickett" 🙄

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

18 minutes ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

Tepper with PITT ties.

Rhule with final say of roster and decisions.

Yup. Pickett is the pick. 

It's gonna be weird when Rhule is gone and we have 2 24 yo QB's in our roster that didn't have a chance to succeed under Rhule. 

Pick 6 Pickett!

• Flames 1

5 hours ago, thunderraiden said:

He is the Baker Mayfield of this draft while Malik Willis is the Josh Allen.

I don't get the Josh Allen comparisons at all besides a strong arm.  I feel like there are two main things the huddle overreacts to with quarterbacks.  Elite arm strength and their running ability.  I'm not saying those things arent positives, just saying people here seem to really overrate them.

1 hour ago, Growl said:

He has never demonstrated any of these issues

he can throw the ball in a window on the 5, he can drive the 8, he can push it deep on the move.

this is just something you made up because you heard “small hands.”

No its not.. 

• Beer 1

6 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Oh, I fully expect us to make a colossal mistake at QB this off-season. An absolute all-timer. We've made dumb decision after dumb decision at QB since Rhule was hired each being dumber and more desperate than the last. It all feels like it's setting the stage for a Herschel Walker trade level or Sean Gilbert franchise tag sign away level bombshell of a fug up this year.

Will we end up trading UP to take Pickett? Don't rule anything out with this dumbass.

I love it when you call him a dumbass. 

1 minute ago, WOW!! said:

Watch years 2017 thru 2020 and tell me what you think..

And that's what gives me pause. 

The traits are still there, but WHY did everything jump up to 11 with him in his senior year? Why did he make such a big leap between his junior and senior seasons? Did everything just click? Is he the next Case Keenum?

Won't know until he gets to the pros and I don't trust our staff to evaluate the best QB in the class. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Ricky Spanish said:

And that's what gives me pause. 

The traits are still there, but WHY did everything jump up to 11 with him in his senior year? Why did he make such a big leap between his junior and senior seasons? Did everything just click? Is he the next Case Keenum?

Won't know until he gets to the pros and I don't trust our staff to evaluate the best QB in the class. 

That's a major red flag and screams a player who hit his peak at the right time..

If he was a FA you would be like stay away from him he was only good in his free agency season..

• Pie 1