• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Let’s say we take Pickett at 6

davos

I would do my best trading the 6th and any player outside of CMC, Shaq, Abdullah, or Chinn to get Devin Lloyd and Tyler Linderbaum instead of using the 6th on Pickett.

If I were forced to take Pickett at 6, then...

Christensen and Moton at OT, sign Trai Turner for OG, draft Zach Tom for OG/OC/leadership, draft Jack Wohlabaugh to direct the OL at C and take leadership role, and draft Andrew Steuber as OL depth. Sign Tyler Vrabel as UDFA for OL depth. Sign Kyle Long as veteran OL depth/mentor.

Cut ties with Miller, Jordan, Daley, Scott, Erving, Paradis, Tecklenburg and Efflein.

Moton - Tom - Wohlabaugh - Turner - Christensen as the starting OL

Long, Steuber, Vrabel, Brown, Horton as depth.

Long, Vrabel, and Wohlabaugh come from NFL families with great work ethic.

OL fixed and ready to go. Strong, smart, and deep enough to win games and get a team into the playoffs.

• Pie 1

19 hours ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

Normally, I'd say get Pickett and fill out the holes in Free Agency but Rhule having the final say and his history with Free Agency make this 10 times harder to believe that Pickett will have everything he needs to succeed. 

The Erving and Elflein pick ups...ugh. This video shows why it doesn't matter what they do in the draft. 

• He says he doesn't look at PFF. When according to Tepper and what poo he spewed to the media that he wanted in the next HC was a Stats guy. PFF, whether you like it or not, IS GOD DAMN STATS. 
  • Then he says something so god damn ridiculous about he doesn't want 53 starters and values players that can play multiple spots. How is that a benefit when the guy that plays all those spots, in this instance Elflein playing Both Guards spots and C, SUCKS ASS IN ALL OF THEM?!
  • Then he goes on about Christiansen and Brown saying they might turn out great, when we all know that Brady was good enough and could have helped but nooooo dude has no evaluation meter and if he does it's busted. He can't evaluate talent or his damn Ego gets in the way. 

I just don't see a scenario that Pickett succeeds with Rhule having all the control. 

But but but......You have to trust the process right..?

we can only hope that macadoo does the evaluation and not be influenced by the temple recruiting bromance 

i would go with Matt Coral   I think he will shine at the combine  hopefully the knee isn’t an issue 

The thing to keep in mind is there are many qb hungry franchises right now so if they see enough to think someone is their guy, they have to pull the trigger 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, raleigh-panther said:

we can only hope that macadoo does the evaluation and not be influenced by the temple recruiting bromance 

i would go with Matt Coral   I think he will shine at the combine  hopefully the knee isn’t an issue 

The thing to keep in mind is there are many qb hungry franchises right now so if they see enough to think someone is their guy, they have to pull the trigger 

I think Corral may be the best of the 2022 bunch and actually a pretty good all around QB prospect.  

I'd still rather have an OL at #6 but wouldn't hate Corral being the pick.  

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, BlitzMonster said:

I think Corral may be the best of the 2022 bunch and actually a pretty good all around QB prospect.  

I'd still rather have an OL at #6 but wouldn't hate Corral being the pick.  

He’s the best blend of polished, intangibles, measurables, and upside of the bunch.

He’s gone quiet simply because of the Senior Bowl hype but he was the consensus #1 for a bit and for a reason.

He has two knocks: a bit trim/the frame is a bit nimble and coming from such a RPO heavy scheme/the unknowns.

He could be what people thought Mariotta was.

Edited by davos
  • Beer 1

9 minutes ago, davos said:

He’s the best blend of polished, intangibles, measurables, and upside of the bunch.

He’s gone quiet simply because of the Senior Bowl hype but he was the consensus #1 for a bit and for a reason.

He has two knocks: a bit trim/the frame is a bit nimble and coming from such a RPO heavy scheme/the unknowns.

He could be what people thought Mariotta was.

Corral is battle-tested in the SEC.  He played with an imaginative and creative head  coach in Lane Kiffin.   Kiffen might be a horses rear end as a person but he's a bright offensive mind.   

Lots to like with Corral.

Edited by BlitzMonster
  • Pie 1

8 minutes ago, BlitzMonster said:

Corral is battle-tested in the SEC.  He played with an imaginative and creative head  coach in Lane Kiffin.   Kiffen might be a horses rear end as a person but he's a bright offensive mind.   

Everyone seems to be throwing themselves on the anti-Pickett or gamble-on-Willis train but Corral is the only one I’ve never taken huge hesitation with. 

His stock will grow. Pickett and Willis are at highs right now and need to sustain through these undie Olympics.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, davos said:

Everyone seems to be throwing themselves on the anti-Pickett or gamble-on-Willis train but Corral is the only one I’ve never taken huge hesitation with. 

His stock will grow. Pickett and Willis are at highs right now and need to sustain through these undie Olympics.

Corral has a great arm and grew a lot this year (cut down on his INTs dramatically). He plays tough and tries to extend plays taking unnecessary contact (especially for his grand). If he can cut down on the huts he takes he might be a solid player. 

• Pie 1

14 minutes ago, BlitzMonster said:

Yeah but we don’t have them kinda of coaches here, would be a waste. Matt Rhule deserves Darnold, and I wish he was stuck playing him in 22. 

1 minute ago, BurnNChinn said:

Yeah but we don’t have them kinda of coaches here, would be a waste. Matt Rhule deserves Darnold, and I wish he was stuck playing him in 22. 

I know you are liking the 23 QB class. Will Levis out of Kentucky is another name to watch this year. He is tough and has a strong arm. Came on hit his last 5-6 games at UK. 

3 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Corral has a great arm and grew a lot this year (cut down on his INTs dramatically). He plays tough and tries to extend plays taking unnecessary contact (especially for his grand). If he can cut down on the huts he takes he might be a solid player. 

Yup. I’m personally on a sleeper Jake Haener train for next year. This year, zeroing in on Corral but the class is nothing special.