• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Super Bowl Survey Results

PanthersATL

9 hours ago, PandaMan said:

The half time show is a joke.  Apparently the NFL isn’t even paying the dancers this year because the exposure should be enough.  Like they’re expecting random dancer #102 to steal the show.  That’s why I prefer the conference championships.  It’s actual fans at the games and it’s not as corporate 

Are you serious? They aren't paying the dancers due to exposure? What a crock of poo! The NFL and it's greed knows no end it seems. 

• Beer 1

9 hours ago, Waldo said:

The people to the right of me at the SB in 2016 were only there for the halftime show. They had no idea about the game. They left after the halftime show...I kid you not. I also got booed for standing up to cheer during the game lol.

IDGAF, the game has become an abomination. It would be cool if they did all that stuff around the game and stopped injecting it into the game. 

Wait what? There were actually people at the Super Bowl who came to see the lame ass halftime show then left? Pay that kind of money for tickets to watch a crap halftime show then leave.....? Wow, I am absolutely speechless. That just takes the cake there. Absolutely pathetic

• Beer 1

21 minutes ago, YourLastThought said:

Wait what? There were actually people at the Super Bowl who came to see the lame ass halftime show then left? Pay that kind of money for tickets to watch a crap halftime show then leave.....? Wow, I am absolutely speechless. That just takes the cake there. Absolutely pathetic

True story. The crap I heard from the people around me at that game. It was all about the money spent and the rarety of the situation. There wasn't a fan of eaither team for at least 20 people each way. So weird.

When I went to the SB in 2008 the Pats fans were crying around me after getting to watch Willy Nelson before the game, 2016 and  not a fan in my sight. Just weird and not in a fun way.

• Beer 1

And lest you think the headliners are the only performers working for free—surely journeyman dancers ought to be paid, right?—think again. The NFL has come under fire for failing to pay some halftime show dancers, framing them instead as "volunteers." At last year's halftime show featuring the Weeknd, all dancers rushed the field in the same costumes, but not everyone received the same treatment. According to an investigation by the Los Angeles Times, "paid dancers received $712 for show day and $45 per hour for their rehearsal time, as well as a $30 per diem and a $250 COVID stipend if a dancer was asked to report to a clinic for a test on a nonwork day. Unpaid dancers sat in stadium bleachers for up to two hours in the cold while waiting to rehearse as their paid counterparts spent that time in green rooms."

https://www.esquire.com/entertainment/tv/a35405738/super-bowl-halftime-performers-money/

I’d be cool with it on a Saturday.

The halftime show is too long. I can remember during our Super Bowl getting annoyed, and wanting them to get the game back going. 

I will be in that 5% at a sports bar this year. My lady friend is from LA, so she wants to go out wearing her jersey. Told her I’m with it, but I’m going for the Bengals. 

Took PTO for Monday. I already know I’m not going to be good at around kickoff time. 

Edited by AggieLean