• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Another departure

Mr. Scot

22 minutes ago, YourLastThought said:

He also adds a ton of info daily and is the reason I have picked up on a number of team related news facts. I don't agree with him on everything all the time much like anyone else since we are all different individuals but he is always respectful even when disrespected on here and seems to be an okay guy. It's a message board and doesn't matter if he responds to Evey single post and reply on this board. Free country and he is just carrying on conversation. Who cares, life has too much other stress than to feel it on an internet message board. I used to be this way too and get all pissed at posters but in the end it took me to realize that's it's a damn internet message board and we are all different with different opinions on everything from politics to favorite color of underwear but at least we all support the same team do we have that in common.

That dude just sees Fhules process 1000%, we all just don’t see it yet.

• Flames 3

25 minutes ago, YourLastThought said:

He also adds a ton of info daily and is the reason I have picked up on a number of team related news facts. I don't agree with him on everything all the time much like anyone else since we are all different individuals but he is always respectful even when disrespected on here and seems to be an okay guy. It's a message board and doesn't matter if he responds to Evey single post and reply on this board. Free country and he is just carrying on conversation. Who cares, life has too much other stress than to feel it on an internet message board. I used to be this way too and get all pissed at posters but in the end it took me to realize that's it's a damn internet message board and we are all different with different opinions on everything from politics to favorite color of underwear but at least we all support the same team do we have that in common.

Cheerleaders should be seen and not heard.

I can respect getting tired of the negativity given the marathon we find selves in currently but injecting fantasy positivity is a hard sell. Great posts. 

• Beer 2

32 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Alexander explained in another tweet that it's not Rhule pushing guys out so much as it is not stopping guys who want to leave.

Basically, if they want to look elsewhere, Rhule isn't blocking them from interviewing. For lateral moves especially, he could.

Expect he blocked the TE coach, which idk why it isn’t like we even use that position or care about it anyway.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

34 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Alexander explained in another tweet that it's not Rhule pushing guys out so much as it is not stopping guys who want to leave.

Basically, if they want to look elsewhere, Rhule isn't blocking them from interviewing. For lateral moves especially, he could.

Didn't Rhule once say he will never fire anyone? I feel like not blocking specific people from interviewing else where just allows the door to swing open enough to where he can replace them without being the bad guy.

• Beer 1

11 minutes ago, Waldo said:

I don't blame anyone for leaving but I sure do wonder what is wrong with the people coming or staying here willingly. Well I guess I didn't have to wonder but just look at their careers lol. 

Looking at the guys who've come aboard...

James Campen is a good coach who's recently had a track record of getting hired in places where the coach got fired a year later. Truth be told, that trend could continue this year, but even if it does I hope we keep him.

Steve Wilks was coaching at the college level largely off the NFL radar save for one recent interview. Coaching here brings him back home to Charlotte, is good for his career and good for us as well.

Ben McAdoo wasn't exactly in high demand himself but had at least returned to the NFL in a minor role as a consultant on the cowboys staff with former Packers colleague Mike McCarthy. Not sure I get choosing him over Jay Gruden so much, but he'll get a chance to reform his image here.

Chris Tabor is probably the guy who would have been in the most demand by other teams. His hiring is a good move, and other than Campen the one I like the most.

On the flipside, Paul Pasqualoni is probably the one I understand the least. Brentson Buckner was available, has a solid resumé and a Panthers connection. And he'll, if you wanted somebody in this age group why not go for Rod Marinelli?

So overall it's a mixed bag. Some are guys with good reputations but also guys who weren't necessarily on a lot of other teams' radars.

We'll see what happens...

2 minutes ago, NYPantherFan said:

Didn't Rhule once say he will never fire anyone? I feel like not blocking specific people from interviewing else where just allows the door to swing open enough to where he can replace them without being the bad guy.

He did, but he's already broken that particular practice (I don't really think anybody expected that to last at this level anyway).

The departures don't strike me as guys he was planning to fire since he would have just done that when he fired the other three.

Throw in that there was definitely no rationale to fire Jason Simmons.