• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Name something specific that would get you pumped for this season

Zod

Just now, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

No weirder than the people that obsess over him like Cowboys fans do about the number five.

Are you aware that he was on the roster for a significant chunk of the season last year? He is relevant to bring up in conversations about the past season, and potentially moving forward (i.e. discussing whether or not to re-sign him). It is not an obsession to talk about him in this context. But you claiming that everyone who even mentions his name is somehow obsessed with him reeks of projection on your part.

• Pie 1

James Campen getting hired as OL coach (so it's already happened ! ).

Carolina's line was an utter embarrassment last season that impacted the entire offense.  As a former NFL Center and long time NFL OL coach, I think he can actually fix this mess.  

I just hope the team supports him with draft picks and good free agent OL additions so Campen can do his job.  

Edited by BlitzMonster
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

A total commitment to WINNING instead of "building". If they do things in the off-season that have me CONVINCED that they're trying to win at least every other season like Jerry Richardson, remember one step forward two steps back Jerry. We were mad back then with JRs strategy but in comparison we were spoiled with early success and two Superbowl appearances as a young 25yr old franchise.

Go hard on the Oline, bring in Cam/Sam, get another pick by trade to go after Carson Strong to sit behind Cam until he is ready for the sunset, because we f'n love and respect our greats. Get a big power RB and put McCaffrey in the slot and get a FA TE because Cam and McAdoo love good/great TEs.

Do all that I'll be convinced they're trying.

Go back to 4-3 and stop the 3-4 foolishness. Get somebody to put next to D.Brown.

Edited by rippadonn

7 minutes ago, travisura said:

Are you aware that he was on the roster for a significant chunk of the season last year? He is relevant to bring up in conversations about the past season, and potentially moving forward (i.e. discussing whether or not to re-sign him). It is not an obsession to talk about him in this context. But you claiming that everyone who even mentions his name is somehow obsessed with him reeks of projection on your part.

It's really not. You guys want 2015 Cam. That will never happen. Cam can do nothing for this team. It's time to get over it. Just like it's time for Cowboys fans to stop bringing up they have won 5 SBs.

Just now, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

It's really not. You guys want 2015 Cam. That will never happen. Cam can do nothing for this team. It's time to get over it. Just like it's time for Cowboys fans to stop bringing up they have won 5 SBs.

Question is, is 2022 Cam better than our benchmark Jake Delhomme?

Yes. Everybody else does their job Cam is more than serviceable moreso than Sam and that's obvious. He's instantly the alpha dog you need in the fight.

Sorry, but I disagree. No he's not 2015 Cam but sometimes he is that athlete he showed that. He's a older and smarter QB having trained in New England. He's proven he's healthy and can still play on short notice and can still sling it.

Some of you guys will always doubt Cam, that hasn't changed but he's still, from what he came and did on the field with very little practice outshining and outclassing Sam and is fully capable of destroying him in camp.

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

I don't think anyone on this board was expecting 2015 Cam when he was signed last year. But I'm sure you've had this conversation several times already, so I'm not going to waste anymore of my time. Good luck with your weird fascination with hating Cam. Maybe one day you'll unpack why you dislike him so vehemently.

• Pie 1

Without a new QB or NFL caliber coach, there won’t be anything getting me excited for this team. That being said, there’s not really a new vet or rookie QB that would even have me excited prior to season starting. Maybe Corral or Willis but they’re a stretch. No FA QBs and the trade market doesn’t look good for us.

Maybe at the best we can find a Delhomme/Romo type situation with CJ Beathard, Nick Mullens or some bullsh*t. Until then, I’m eyeing Stroud, Young or Haener 2023 with Jerod Mayo.

Maybe if CMC can play a full season again and Marshall and/or Shi showing out to be a legit receiver. 

Umm, yep there’s not much. 

• Beer 2