• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dan Morgan interviewed for Steelers GM job

BurnNChinn

I don't want to lose Morgan or Fitterer. Given their respective skill sets (Fitterer with the college draft, Morgan with pro personnel) they're potentially a very effective combo.

One thing to remember though: The Steelers have interviewed approximately half the planet for their GM job. They also have some pretty strong internal candidates in Brandon Hunt and Omar Khan.

I'm not too worried...yet.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1
  • The D 1

3 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

Oh I’m more worried because Morgan wants to leave already and just sign here last year. Tepper should have fixed this, and as fans we have a long, long season coming up!

lol I'm not too surprised. Everyone would go for the higher position (especially with an organization that has some semblance of competency vs Carolina)

BUT, upon first seeing the headline I thought 'Didn't he just get here?!?'

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

Oh I’m more worried because Morgan wants to leave already and just sign here last year. Tepper should have fixed this, and as fans we have a long, long season coming up!

He wants to be a GM and was given an opportunity to interview for what would be a far superior situation than the Panthers have.

I can't really fault him for that.

At the same time, I'm not going to read too much into it.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 3
  • Beer 2

No I’m just saying I’m tired of people saying they excited about the hires. There’s nothing to be excited about when certain people are leaving for same positions at other places. People will say well their not that good, guess what that makes it look worst because they want to leave here. We won’t be able to sign any good players because they don’t want to come to this organization. 

3 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Come on man, he is not going to decline an interview to become a GM even if its a long shot

Yeah but you would have to bury your head in the sand to not think the dysfunction here is a factor. Especially with multiple assistants making lateral moves.

Just now, frankw said:

Yeah but you would have to bury your head in the sand to not think the dysfunction here is a factor. Especially with multiple assistants making lateral moves.

Yeah we are a mess but him interviewing for a GM spot isnt like some tell tale sign.  Anyone with a pulse would go to that interview if a GM was your dream job.  He is not turning it down

• Pie 1